The ModStore, short for Module Store, is a storefront available to all KnowBe4 customers that contains all of the training we have to offer. KnowBe4 partners with many e-learning and security awareness training organizations, allowing us to offer their content to our Diamond subscription level customers.
Types of Training Content
Types of Training Content
KnowBe4 partners with many different e-learning and security awareness training providers to offer a wide variety of content on many different topics. Content is constantly being added to the ModStore and it covers a wide range of topics.
Here are a few examples of the type of content we offer and how it can help your users. Your users can:
- Learn how to detect and prevent phishing and social engineering attacks.
- Understand industry-related compliance requirements and how to abide by them.
- Learn about HR-related issues or job-specific security requirements.
The ModStore contains a number of different content types. See the list below for more information about each content type that is available.
- Posters and Artwork: Posters and artwork are high-quality images and PDFs that can be printed or shared digitally with your users. We encourage you to hang posters within your office to act as a visual reminder to keep security in mind during everyday tasks.
For more information, see our article: How Should I Use the Posters Available in the ModStore?
- Newsletters and Documents: Newsletters and security documents are PDF files that can be printed or shared digitally with your users. These documents cover a wide range of cyber security topics to help reinforce the skills your users learn from training.
- Assessments: Assessments can provide a breakdown of your organization's strengths and weaknesses. You can use assessment results to create a more targeted security awareness training plan.
For more information, see our Security Awareness Proficiency Assessment (SAPA) and Security Culture Survey (SCS) articles.
- Games: Games can reinforce the skills and information that your users are learning in a new and interesting way. Games are SCORM-Compliant and can be downloaded for use with your own LMS.
- Video Modules: Videos are MP4 files that can be watched in-browser or downloaded. They cover a wide range of cyber security topics.
- Training Modules: Training Modules are interactive modules that cover a wide range of topics. Modules are SCORM-Compliant and can be downloaded for use with your own LMS. Most training modules are brandable.
- Mobile-First Modules: Mobile-First Modules are optimized to be viewed and interacted with on a mobile device. These modules are no longer than five minutes and are designed to engage your users—even when they’re on the go. Mobile-First Modules are brandable and SCORM-Compliant, so they can be downloaded for use with your own LMS.
Compliance Plus Content
Compliance Plus customers have access to a wide range of high-quality compliance content. Addressing important topics such as sexual harassment, discrimination, and business ethics, this content is updated regularly to ensure your specific legislative requirements are covered.
Compliance Plus includes various content types including training modules, newsletters, documents, and posters. The compliance modules are also SCORM-Compliant and brandable.
When browsing the ModStore, look for items with the orange compliance badge next to the title. If you would like to specifically search for Compliance Plus content, you can filter by the Compliance Plus subscription level.
For more information, see our article titled How Do I Use Compliance Plus Content?.
What Does the "Retiring Soon" Flag Mean?
We aim to offer the most up-to-date security awareness training content. This means our content will sometimes be replaced by newer versions. Typically, the "Retiring Soon" banner will be displayed on content that will soon be replaced by an updated version. See below for an example.
A "Retiring Soon" or "Retired" tag will display in other areas of the console–where the applicable assignments are located. For instance, under the Library tab, under the Campaigns tab when applicable assignments are included in training campaigns, and on the Create New Training Campaign page when you're selecting assignments from the Content drop-down menu.
Finding Content for Your Library
Before creating a training campaign, you must first find training modules, video modules, or games to add to your Library. On the Browse tab of the ModStore, you can browse through suggested training by clicking the arrows. See the list below for more information on each suggestion category.
- Recommended: The Recommended section displays content that has been thoughtfully curated to help enhance your security awareness program. This section also contains content that addresses current events and topics.
- Foundational: The Foundational section displays content that we recommend to get your users started with security awareness training.
- Phish-Prone Recommended: The Phish-Prone Recommended section includes data-driven recommendations that create a more personalized experience. This section displays the top eight AI recommended training content based on your organization's phishing campaign results and are specifically recommended to help improve your Phish-prone Percentage over time. This section excludes any content you already have in your account and you will not see this section until there is enough data to make personalized recommendations.
- Monthly and Quarterly: The Monthly and Quarterly sections display content that we recommend assigning on a monthly or quarterly basis to maintain your users’ security awareness.
You can also use the content filters at the top of the Browse tab to view more content available in the ModStore. Click on Additional Filters for more options.
You can filter content by the following criteria:
- Content Types(Training Modules, Games, Posters & Artwork, etc.)
- Topics (Attack Vector, Compliance, Popular Topics, etc.)
- Search by keyword
- Targeted Training (industry and role-based content)
- Subscription Levels
- Content Options (Brandable Content and others in the future)
To learn more about a ModStore item or to add it to your library, hover over the image and then click View Details.
From the Item Details page, you'll be able to read a description of the content, preview it, or choose to add it to your Library.
To add the content to your Library, click the + Add to Library button. The item will now be available in your Library, beneath the ModStore section of your console.
Managing Your Library
Your Library shows you all the modules, games, videos, and other training content you have added from the ModStore. You can always browse the ModStore to see what other content you have access to.
- Status Filter: Use this drop-down to filter by status. Choose from active, retired, archived, or all. You can also choose to show or hide items that have been hidden.
- See the Retired and Archived Content section below for more information.
- Content Type: Use this drop-down to filter by the type of content such as video modules, games, posters, and more.
- Search: Search for keywords used in the content title to filter your results.
- Headers: Sort your library by clicking on whichever heading you would like to sort by.
- Item Details (): Click this icon to go to the content details page of the ModStore. On this page, you can preview and download this item. See this article for more information on downloading ModStore content.
- Remove (): If an item has not been included in a training campaign, you can remove it from your library by clicking this icon.
- Items that have been used in a training campaign cannot be removed from your library. Instead, you can hide the item under More Options (#8 in this list).
- Usage Summary (): If an item has been used in a training campaign, you can view insights about the content by clicking this icon. The window that displays shows the completion status for those enrolled, reviews from your users, and a list of campaigns that include this content. (Click to view).
- More Options (): Clicking the More Options icon opens a menu that includes the Hide Item toggle and, for eligible content, Content Options.
Content that shows a gear icon next to the name has additional customization options available. Click the More Options icon and then select Content Options. A modal will open and any settings chosen in this modal will apply to each instance of the content, across all campaigns.
The current available content options include:
- Non-Skip: Enable this option to require users to play all the media in a section before moving on to the next section of the content.
Retired and Archived Content
Retired content is content that has been replaced by a newer version. You can continue to use content that exists in your Library, regardless of whether it is "Retiring Soon" or "Retired". However, we recommend updating to a newer version of the course if one is available. This way, we can provide support if you experience any issues. You can view retired content in your Library by selecting Retired from the Status drop-down filter.
Archived content is content that is no longer available for use. You can view archived content in your Library by selecting Archived from the Status drop-down filter.