Below are some commonly-asked questions about KnowBe4's Phish Alert Button. If you don't see the answer you need, submit a ticket to our support team.
- How do I find out which version of PAB I have installed?
- I'm getting an add-in error while using Office 365 Server PAB. How do I resolve this issue?
- My Outlook PAB is disappearing. How do I resolve this issue?
- Can we use our own logo for the Phish Alert Button?
- Can both the client and server PAB be installed on the same machine?
- Can you select what type of file the PAB uses when forwarding emails?
- What is the total number of allowed characters for the non-simulated email message for the PAB?
- Does the PAB update automatically?
- What connections are required in order for the PAB to function?
- Can we change the language of the PAB text and prompt messages?
- What changes can we make to the XML manifests?
- Is the PAB proxy aware?
- What is the file attachment size limit for each version of the PAB?
1) Question: How do I find out which version of PAB I have installed?
Answer: If you are using the Outlook PAB, the PAB version can find it using the following method:
- Navigate to your Control Panel > Programs.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Navigate to Phish Alert either by scrolling or using the search bar to search for it.
- Check the Version column for the versioning.
If you are using Exchange or Office 365, the version never changes as updates are delivered automatically. The versioning for the server PABs is as follows:
|Exchange PAB||Version 220.127.116.11|
|Office 365 PAB||Version 18.104.22.168|
If you are using Chrome PAB, the version of the extension updates automatically. You can check the current version by clicking on the Phish Alert Icon to the right of the search bar of your Chrome browser (click to view).
- Hover over More Tools and select Extensions.
- Locate the Phish Alert extension and click Details. From the details window, you'll be able to see the version number.
2) Question: I'm getting an add-in error while using Office 365 Server PAB. How do I resolve this issue?
Answer: If you are receiving this error, you will want to check your Internet Explorer settings by doing the following:
- In Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools > Internet Options.
- Go to Security > Internet Site Zone.
- Make sure the Enable Protected Mode checkbox is selected.
- Restart Internet Explorer and Outlook.
For more information, see Microsoft's article on the subject here on their support site.
3) Question: My Outlook PAB is disappearing. How do I resolve this issue?
Answer: If your PAB is disappearing on Outlook and you are using a Mac, follow these steps to fix this:
- In Outlook, go to the Preferences tab > Privacy.
- Enable the Connected Experience Settings for PAB.
- Restart Outlook.
If your PAB is disappearing on Outlook and you are using a Windows machine, follow these steps to fix this:
4) Question: Can we use our own logo for the Phish Alert Button?
Answer: Yes. You can add your own custom logo to use for the PAB from your Account Settings page. For more information on how to do this and the requirements for the image, please see this article on our Knowledge Base.
5) Question: Can both the client and server PAB be installed on the same machine?
6) Question: Can you select what type of file the PAB uses when forwarding emails?
7) Question: What is the total number of allowed characters for the non-simulated email message for the PAB?
8) Question: Does the PAB update automatically?
Answer: The Exchange PAB, Office 365 PAB, or Chrome PAB update automatically. The only version of PAB that needs to be updated manually is the Outlook PAB. To update the Outlook PAB, you will need to download and install a new PhishAlert.msi file from your account settings page.
9) Question: What connections are required in order for the PAB to function?
Answer: The PAB needs to be able to send an HTML POST request on port 443 (Port 443 is the default port for http) to the domain: training.knowbe4.com. Depending on your set up, some proxies or firewalls may need the full path. If this is the case, please ensure that your PCs can reach https://training.knowbe4.com/api/v1/phishalert/ by allowing outbound connections to remote servers on port 443, which is the server URL the PAB is trying to contact with a POST request.
10) Question: Can we change the language of the PAB text and prompt messages?
Answer: We do not offer the PAB in other languages. However, the text for several PAB fields can be customized from your Account Settings page (click to view). You can replace the default text with your own text in your preferred language. If you would like to have multiple PAB versions available in different languages, please see this article on our Knowledge Base for more information on creating multiple PAB instances.
11) Question: What changes can we make to the XML manifests?
Answer: Our team only supports and encourages the changes outlined in our documentation.
For more information:
12) Question: Is the PAB proxy aware?
13) Question: What is the file attachment size limit for the PAB?
Answer: The chart below shows the file attachment size limits for each version of the PAB.
|PAB Version||Attachment Size Limit|
|Office 365||10 MB|
|GSuite Extension||10 MB|