The Account Settings area is where you can view your account's subscription information and customize several aspects of your account.
To access this area after logging into your account, click your email address on the top-right, then click Account Settings.
Here you can see your subscription level, the number of seats you have available, and how many active users are currently on your account.
Most of the information you set here will define the information that placeholders will display in the console. Placeholders can be used to automatically populate phishing templates, landing pages, and training notifications with company-specific information.
Company Logo Url for Templates
- Here, you'll want to enter the URL for your company logo. This can be used in phishing templates, landing pages, and training notifications using the company logo placeholders we have available. We recommend using a small logo here, preferably less than 200px by 200px.
Company Logo for Console
- Here, you can upload a company logo to your KnowBe4 account to personalize the experience your users have upon logging in for training. Your logo will replace the logo on the top-left of the screen after logging in. View requirements for this logo on the link below.
- See: How do I add my company's logo to the console?
Default date and time format
- Here, you can specify how the date and time are displayed throughout the console.
- All new users added after this default is set will inherit the same default time format in their User Profile.
- Users will have the ability to modify the default date and time format in their User Profile settings, which makes this feature useful for localization of the console.
- See: How do I change the date and time format in the console?
Business hours, Business days, and Time Zone
- Here you can customize your accounts default business hours, business days, and time zone.
- See: How Do I Set up My Account's Time Zone, Business Days, and Hours?
- If your email environment includes multiple email domains, you can click Allowed Domains to add more subdomains or root domains to your KnowBe4 account.
Here you'll see if you have SAML enabled or disabled on your account. You will need the information listed here to set up SAML with your single sign-on (SSO) provider. If you need to enable SAML to allow your users to log in for training using your SSO provider, contact our support team or your Customer Success Manager.
Allow Users to Signup
- This option is unchecked by default. We recommend keeping this option unchecked except in special cases.
- Why might you want to "Allow Users to Signup"?
- The reason why you may want to check this option is if you plan to allow your users to sign themselves up for training. Allowing users to sign up for a KnowBe4 account means that users who do not have an account in the console already can make their own simply by entering their email into https://training.knowbe4.com. Users who sign up in this fashion will be added to your user list right away.
- If you'd like to set up a "self-service" training campaign, you would need to set up a campaign directed at All Users in your account that will also "Automatically enroll users" to the campaign once they are added to the console. Then, you can check the "Allow Users to Signup" checkbox in your Account Settings, and direct your users to KnowBe4's training site to sign themselves up.
- Why is this option unchecked by default?
- The consequence of allowing users to sign up on their own is if they misspell their email address or sign up with an email alias (such as email@example.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org), there will be duplicate user accounts in your user list. These duplicate accounts could also cause users to receive additional phishing tests and training notifications for each email account they've signed up with. If this issue occurs, you can choose to merge these duplicate user accounts.
- Why might you want to "Allow Users to Signup"?
Use Password-less Login
- Enable this option if you'd prefer your users to log in for training without needing to use a password. Be sure to use training notifications tagged with "password-less" if you choose this option, or create your own training notifications using our "password-less" placeholders.
- See: How to Enable and Use Password-less Logins
Expire Password-less link in X days
- If you're using password-less logins, this setting defines how long the password-less link will remain active for your users.
Admin Session Timeout
- Select the length of time that you would like KnowBe4 admin account sessions to remain active. After the specified time period of account inactivity has passed, admins will be logged out. The default setting is 48 hours.
User Session Timeout
- Select the length of time that you would like KnowBe4 user sessions to remain active. After the specified time period of account inactivity has passed, admins will be logged out. The default setting is 48 hours.
Minimum Password Length
- Select the minimum required length for user passwords, between 8 and 32 characters.
Disable open tracking
- You can check this option to remove the small tracking image that we place in each phishing email which tracks if and when your users open the email in their inbox.
- See: How Do You Track Email Opens in the PST?
Disable return path header
- You'll want to check this setting if you are using GSuite/Google Apps for your mail server, as it can cause "via KnowBe4" to appear alongside the sender email address when phishing test emails arrive in your users' inbox.
- See: Why Does Google Mail Show "Via KnowBe4" On The Phishing Tests?
Overwrite "From" address of phishing emails when tracking out of office replies
- If you are using reply-to phishing, tracking out of office replies and using Microsoft Exchange or Office 365, you'll want to enable this feature.
- See: Reply-to Phishing: Should I track out of office replies?
Include archived users in reports
- Enabling this option will allow you to include data from archived users in all phishing reports. If this option is disabled, data from archived users will not be included in phishing reports. By default, this option is disabled.
Enable AIDA Beta
- Enabling this option will add a new tab to your KnowBe4 account, "AIDA". AIDA is our Artificial Intelligence Driven Agent and allows you to simulate a multi-faceted social engineering attack, which will prompt your users to click on a phishing link, tap on a link in a text message, or respond to a voicemail--any of which could compromise your network. You can participate in the beta testing of this feature by selecting this option.
- See: AIDA
- Here, you can enable Second Chance management on your KnowBe4 account, adding the Second Chance tab to the top of your screen.
- See: Second Chance Installation Guide
- Here, you can enable access to our APIs. (A Platinum/Diamond subscription level is required)
- See: KnowBe4 API Reference Guide
Active Directory Integration
AD Sync Token
- This is your unique account token which you'll need during the installation process of Active Directory Integration (ADI).
Active Directory Integration Enabled
- Enabling this option will allow you to install and use our ADI service. Upon enabling and updating your Account Settings, you will see an additional tab beneath the Users tab for ADI.
- Test Mode is enabled by default and should be kept on until you are satisfied with the results of your ADI behavior. You can view the details of your sync (and what would have occurred if test mode was "off") under the Users-->ADI tab of your console.
Show Group Domain
- If your users are split between multiple domain sources, enabling this option will allow you add the root domain to each of the AD-synced group names in the KnowBe4 console so that you can better organize your users.
- See: FAQ: Show Group Domain
Download Active Directory Sync Tool
- You'll need to download and install this to run ADI.
Installation and configuration guide
- This link will take you to our help desk's installation guide for ADI. Be sure to read this prior to installing the tool.
- See: Active Directory Integration (ADI)
- Here, you can configure and customize aspects of the Phish Alert Button (PAB). The various settings and their functions are detailed in the Enabling and Configuring Phish Alert section of our PAB installation guide.
- See: Enabling and Configuring Phish Alert
See a short video which explains these options here.
Set the main theme color:
- Set an optional main theme color that matches your logo. This will brand your Learner Experience for your end users and match your organization's color scheme.
- Click this checkbox if you'd like to enable Badges. Learn more about Badges here.
Select 3 or more badges that users can earn:
- Select at least three badges that you'd like to allow users to earn. Learn more about badges and how users can earn them here.
- To enable your leaderboard, click this drop down and select Group Leaderboard. To turn off your leaderboard, select No Leaderboard.
Leaderboard time period:
- Select the time range for rankings you'd like your leaderboard to display. Any enrollment that was active during that time period will be included in the leaderboard rankings.
- Select from: Past 30 Days, Past 90 Days, Current Quarter, Current Year, or All Time.
Groups to include in the leaderboards:
- Select between 3 and 25 groups to include in your leaderboard. Only groups selected in your Account Settings sill be included in your leaderboard. Users who are not a part of the selected groups will not be able to view your leaderboard.