Be aware that if you are using G Suite Legacy, whitelisting capabilities are limited and you may not be able to properly whitelist KnowBe4. G Suite Legacy was a free G Suite version that was offered by Google prior to December 2012. For more information on G Suite Legacy, please see Google's article here.
How to Whitelist by Email Header in Google Suite
The below instructions will show you how to whitelist KnowBe4's simulated phishing emails and training notifications by email header in your GSuite environment.
This setting is only recommended if you have a cloud-based spam filter in front of GSuite. If you are using GSuite for your mail without an additional spam filter, you can instead whitelist by IP address using this tutorial. Remember, you will also need to whitelist KnowBe4's IP addresses or hostnames in your cloud-based spam filter to make sure emails are delivered successfully.
We recommend setting up a test phishing campaign to yourself or a small group after you follow the below steps to ensure your whitelisting was successful. The setting may take up to an hour to propagate to all users so wait at least an hour before testing.
- Log onto https://admin.google.com
- Go to Apps > G Suite > Gmail.
- Click Advanced Settings
- Click Content Compliance (under Compliance section)
- Edit the Content Compliance with the following settings:
- Check Inbound under Email messages to affect
- ADD an expression to expressions that describe the content you want to search for in each message with the following settings:
- if ANY of the following match the message
- Advanced content match
- Location > Full Headers
- Match type > Contains text
- Content > X-PHISHTEST
- Click SAVE
- If the above expressions match, select the following: Spam > Bypass spam filter for this Message.
Your Final Content Compliance Setting Screen
GSuite customers should also disable the return-path header in their KnowBe4 Account Settings prior to sending out phishing tests. Click here to see how to do that.
Still need assistance? Submit a support ticket and we can help.