How to Use Real-Time Coaching Campaigns
On the Real-Time Coaching subtab of SecurityCoach, you can create and manage real-time coaching campaigns. Real-time coaching campaigns allow you to coach your users about risky activity in real time. When risky activity is detected, your users will receive a SecurityTip with information about the activity and how to avoid it in the future.
To learn how to create and manage real-time coaching campaigns, click the links below. For general information about SecurityCoach, see our SecurityCoach Product Manual.
- Creating New Real-Time Coaching Campaigns
- Creating Recommended Real-Time Coaching Campaigns
- Creating Real-Time Coaching Campaigns for SecurityTips
Preparing for Your Real-Time Coaching Campaign
Before you create a real-time coaching campaign, we recommend that you follow the steps below:
- Integrate your third-party vendors with SecurityCoach. For more information, see our Vendor Integration Guides.
- Map your users to identifiers so that they can be linked to risky activity. For more information, see our Mapping Users in SecurityCoach article.
- Set up the delivery method for your SecurityTips. For more information, see our vendor integration guides listed below:
Creating a Real-Time Coaching Campaign
You can use a few different methods to create real-time coaching campaigns, depending on your organization’s needs. You can create a brand new campaign, create a campaign based on our recommendations, or create a campaign based on a specific SecurityTip graphic.
Creating New Real-Time Coaching Campaigns
To create a new real-time coaching campaign, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your KMSAT console and navigate to SecurityCoach > Real-Time Coaching.
- Click the + Create Real-Time Coaching Campaign button at the top-right corner of the page.
- Fill out the fields on the Create New Real-Time Coaching Campaign page. For more information about these fields, see below:
- Campaign Name: Enter a name for your real-time coaching campaign.
- Campaign Criteria: Select one or more detection rules for this campaign in the Select Detection Rule drop-down menu.
Additional Criteria: Use this drop-down list to create additional criteria for this campaign. To create criteria, follow the steps below:
- Click Additional Criteria.
- Select one of the criteria from the drop-down list.
- Complete the fields for the criterion.
- Click Save.
- SecurityTip Notification: Select the SecurityTip notification template that you would like to send to users enrolled in this campaign. You can click the eye icon () to preview the notification template.
SecurityTip Graphic: Select the SecurityTip graphic that you would like to send to users enrolled in this campaign. Click the image icon () to send the SecurityTip as an image, or click the GIF icon () to send the SecurityTip as a GIF. You can click the eye icon () to preview the graphic.
Note: If a SecurityTip is not available as a GIF in the user's default training language, the SecurityTip will be sent as an image. If a localized SecurityTip is unavailable, it will display in English.
- SecurityTip Preview: Use this section to preview your SecurityTip graphic and notification template selections.
- Send Me a Test: Select this option to send a test SecurityTip.
- Delivery Method: Click this drop-down menu to select how you would like to send the SecurityTip to users. You can select a real-time delivery method and a backup delivery method.
Real-Time Delivery Methods: Select how you would like to send real-time SecurityTips to users. You can choose one of the options below:
Note: Users will only receive one SecurityTip in a 20-minute window per campaign.
- Limit to 1 SecurityTip per day: Enable this option to send only one SecurityTip per user in a 24-hour period.
- Slack: Select this option to send the SecurityTip through Slack.
- Microsoft Teams: Select this option to send the SecurityTip through Microsoft Teams.
- Disabled: Select this option if you do not want to send the SecurityTip through Microsoft Teams or Slack. You can then choose to send the notification through email under the Backup Delivery Method section.
Backup Delivery Method: Select the Email check box to send the SecurityTip through email if the delivery option that you selected in the Real-Time Delivery Methods section is not successful.
Note: The additional delivery method is a backup for your real-time delivery method. Email notifications will only be sent if your real-time delivery method cannot be used or is disabled.
- Click Create Campaign to save your settings and create your real-time coaching campaign. Or, click Cancel to cancel and return to the Real-Time Coaching subtab.
Creating Recommended Real-Time Coaching Campaigns
If you’re not sure where to start, SecurityCoach offers recommended real-time coaching campaigns based on your detection rules. These campaigns can be found under the Real-Time Coaching Recommendations section of the Real-Time Coaching subtab.
To create a recommended real-time coaching campaign, click the Create Campaign button on a recommended campaign card. You will be taken to the Create New Real-Time Coaching Campaign page. The campaign criteria will already be selected for you, and you will only need to fill out the remaining fields to create the campaign.
Creating Real-Time Coaching Campaigns for SecurityTips
You can also create real-time coaching campaigns for individual SecurityTip graphics, including any custom graphics that you've uploaded. All of our available SecurityTip graphics are located on the SecurityTips subtab of SecurityCoach.
Some SecurityTip graphics are available as both an image and a GIF. If the GIF format is available, a GIF icon will display on the SecurityTip graphic's card.
To create a campaign for a SecurityTips, click Create Campaign on a SecurityTip graphic's card. When you click, you’ll be taken to the Create New Real-Time Coaching Campaign page. The SecurityTip will already be selected for you, and you will only need to fill out the remaining fields to create the campaign.
Managing and Editing Real-Time Coaching Campaigns
Once you have created a real-time coaching campaign, you can manage or edit the campaign at any time. To manage and edit your real-time coaching campaigns, navigate to SecurityCoach > Real-Time Coaching. You can find your existing real-time coaching campaigns under the Real-Time Coaching Campaigns section of the page.
To learn more about the options available in this section, see below:
- Real-Time Coaching Campaigns: This table lists your real-time coaching campaigns by name. For each campaign, you can see which detection rules are selected, the related vendor for each rule, and the campaign’s status.
- Preview (): Click Preview to preview the SecurityCoach graphic and SecurityTip that users will receive from this campaign.
- Edit (): Click Edit to open the Edit Real-Time Coaching Campaign page. On this page, you can edit your campaign as needed. Then, click the Save button at the bottom-left corner of the page to save your changes.
- More Options (): Click More Options to view the additional actions for a campaign. These actions include:
- Active: Click this toggle to activate or archive your campaign.
- Delete: Click Delete to permanently delete a real-time coaching campaign and all associated data. This action is permanent and cannot be undone.
Individual Real-Time Coaching Campaign Overview
From the Real-Time Coaching subtab, click the name of a campaign to view the Real-Time Coaching Overview page. To learn more about the individual campaign overview, see below:
- View Details: Click this option to open the Real-Time Coaching Activity Reports page for the selected real-time coaching campaign in a new browser tab.
- Last 90 Days: By default, your Real-Time Coaching Overview will display data from the last 90 days. However, you can change this date by clicking on the Last 90 Days drop-down list and selecting a different date range.
Real-Time Coaching Statistics: This section provides information about the selected real-time coaching campaign.
- Total Users Coached: This number displays the number of users that received SecurityTips during the selected date range.
- Users Coached Multiple Times: This number displays the number of users that received more than one SecurityTip during the selected date range.
- New Users Coached: The number displays the number of users that received a SecurityTip during the selected date range that had never received a SecurityTip before.
- SecurityTips Delivered: The total number of SecurityTips delivered to users during the selected date range.
- SecurityTips Delivered Over Time: This graph displays the number of SecurityTips delivered for the selected campaign during the selected date range.
- Top 10 Users Coached: This table displays a list of your users that received the most SecurityTips during the selected date range. This report will include up to 10 users.