How Do I Create a Scope From a Template?
In KCM GRC, the purpose of a template is to hold a set of requirements that you will work toward under a scope. In addition to using the Managed Templates that KCM offers, you can create custom templates to meet your compliance (or other) objectives.
You have two options for creating a scope in your account:
- Convert a template to a scope (you can create multiple scopes from one template)
- Clone a scope that you have already created (to learn more, see: Cloning Scopes)
This article provides instructions for converting a template to a scope.
Follow the steps below to convert a template to a scope:
- Navigate to the template that you want to convert to a scope. From the navigation panel on the left side, click Compliance > Templates.
- From the Name column, click a template name to open the template.
- From the Template Information area at the top of the page, click the Convert to Scope button.
Once the scope is created, you're brought to the View Scope page for your new scope (shown below).
If you'd like to add a scope description, add tags, or change the evidence settings for the scope, click the Update button in the top-right area of the page. For details about the scope-level evidence settings, see: How Can I Limit the Type of Evidence Submitted by my Users?.