Using Branded Certificates
We offer the ability to create branded certificates by allowing you to create and upload a custom background image for your training certificates. When your users elect to download a course completion certificate, your custom background image will be used to generate it. Using branded certificates can give your completion certificates the look and feel of your brand, which users will find more familiar.
Creating Branded Certificates
In this article, we've provided you with the template files to create these branded certificates. Once you've downloaded a template, you can add your own logo and you may have the option to change the color of the font and background.
The details of the certificate will be added once your user elects to download the certificate. Please keep in mind that you can't change the font size, color, or positioning of these generated details. The following details will be automatically generated:
- The user's first and last name or email address (if no first and last name is available)
- Course Name
- Date Complete
- Policy Accepted (if applicable)
To create your branded certificate, use the following steps:
- Download one of our certificate templates below or create your own template.
- Edit the contents. You are free to customize the templates as much as you like, but make sure the template includes the following elements to prevent misalignment:
- A heading, such as: "Certificate of Achievement"
- A black line for the user's name
- Wording, such as "has successfully completed"
The certificate templates we provide were created to work with the positioning of the above elements. Adjusting these elements in our templates could result in certificates that do not align properly.
- Convert the image to a PNG or JPEG file, if you are not using the PNG template we offer.
- Before you upload, make sure your template has the following specifications:
- File Type: PNG or JPEG (.png or .jpg)
- Dimensions: 2200 x 1700 pixels
- Max Size: 5 MB
- PNG files must be saved as "non-interlaced"
Now, you are ready to upload your branded certificate.
Uploading Branded Certificates
Once you've created your custom certificate, you will upload it to the Account Settings page. To do this:
- Navigate to your Account Settings page by clicking on your email address in the top-right corner of the console and selecting Account Settings.
- Scroll to the Learner Experience section and click Choose File next to the Upload Branded Certificate field.
- Click Update Account Info, at the bottom of the page, to save the changes.
Once saved, you can preview your current branded certificate at any time by clicking on Preview in the note beneath the Upload Branded Certificate section.
Below are the certificate templates to use as a starting point to create your branded certificate. You can download any of the files and modify them however you'd like.
These templates were created to work with the positioning of the auto-generated text within the certificate. Adjusting the location of the elements within our templates could result in certificates with misaligned text.
We offer a template for each of the following file types:
Plain PNG Template
Use this template if you'd like to have a custom template but don't have the tools to create your own templates. You can open this file in an image editor and modify it to create a custom feel.
Use this template if you don't have access to design programs, but want an easy way to add your company logo to the certificate. Download and open this template in Keynote. You can add your company logo and change the fonts and colors if you'd like. Please keep in mind that you can't change the font size, color, or positioning of the automatically generated text.
After you've made edits to the template, change it to a PNG file by clicking File > Export To > Image > select PNG or select JPEG.
Use this template if you don't have access to design programs, but want an easy way to add your company logo to the certificate. Download and open this template in a presentation program (such as PowerPoint). You can add your company logo and change the fonts and colors if you'd like. Please keep in mind that you can't change the font size, color, or positioning of the automatically generated text.
To save the template as a PNG or JPEG, click File > Export and then change the file type to PNG or JPEG.
Use this template if have access to design programs (such as Illustrator or Photoshop) and would like a lot of creative freedom for your custom template. Download the PDF and open in your preferred design program.
The pink boxes mark where content will be displayed. You should keep that in mind when creating a new template. Please delete these guides before you export the PNG or JPEG file.
Removing Branded Certificates
If at any time you want to remove your branded certificate, you can do so from your Account Settings page by clicking the Remove link.