If your client is using the KCM Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) platform to manage their third-party, or vendor, assessments, they will create a user account for you to use when completing their questionnaire(s).
Activating Your User Account
When your client adds your user account to their platform, you'll receive an email inviting you to activate your account. The email will look similar to the image shown below.
Email: Please Confirm Your New KCM Account
Follow the steps below to activate your KCM user account.
- Click the Activate Your Account link in the body of the email.
As a safety precaution, always hover over email links before clicking them to ensure the link is taking you to a safe website. If you don't feel comfortable using the email link, you can reach out to your client for the URL.
- From the Activate User page, enter the unique Activation Code provided in your email.
- Create a password, then re-type the password in the second field to confirm.
- You'll be redirected to the KCM login page where you'll enter your email address and password.
However, if your client has not assigned a questionnaire at this time, there's no need to sign in to your account. You'll receive another email once a questionnaire has been assigned.
Once your client has sent a questionnaire to your KCM GRC portal, you'll receive an email notification (click to view an example). Use the link in this email to log in to your portal and complete the questionnaire. If your organization typically uses answer templates from industry-standard questionnaire tools such as CAIQ (Consensus Assessments Initiative Questionnaire) or SIG (Standardized Information Gathering Questionnaire), you'll have the ability to upload this file to automate your assessment responses.
Follow the steps below to access your questionnaire in the Vendor Portal.
- Use the link in your notification email to log in to your account. Alternatively, your client can provide the link to log in to your account.
- Once logged in, you're brought to the Vendor Portal Dashboard. Here you can find the questionnaires your client has assigned, see any issues created as a result of your assessment responses, and view any documents that you've supplied with your assessment responses.
To begin the assessment, click the Questionnaire name from the Questionnaires portion of the Vendor Portal Dashboard, as shown below.
- Depending on whether your client has used a questionnaire template (such as CAIQ or SIG), you may have two options for answering the questions.
See the applicable section below to learn more:
Answering Questions Individually
See the tips below for helpful information for responding to your questionnaire assessments.
Tip #1: As you respond to questions, you must use the Save Answer button to save each of your answers. You will not be able to finalize or submit your questionnaire until you've saved each response. Also, if you need to finish the assessment at a later time, only the saved answers will be saved for your progress.
Once you click the Save Answer button you cannot edit your response to the question.
Tip #2: Use the Add Comment and Attach File buttons to add additional notes or supporting files to your responses.
Please note the file limitations for files attached to individual questions:
- File Size: Maximum of 5 MB (not applicable for imported responses)
- File Name: Maximum of 250 characters (including the file extension)
- File Types: Please see this question in our Frequently Asked Questions article for details
Tip #3: To ensure you've addressed all of the assessment questions, toggle between the question sets using the Sections menu on the right-hand side, as shown below.
The fraction to the left of each section represents the questions you've answered/total questions in the section.
Tip #4: Questions with answers presented in a checkbox format allow you to choose more than one answer.
Example: Checkbox Answer Format
Importing Answer Files
If your organization typically uses an answer template to address standard questionnaires such as CAIQ (Consensus Assessments Initiative Questionnaire) or SIG (Standardized Information Gathering Questionnaire), you'll have the ability to upload this answer file for your assessment responses.
Follow the steps below to complete your questionnaire using an answer template:
- From the Questionnaire Submission page, click the Import Answers button toward the top-right.
- From the Import Answers window, select the appropriate questionnaire from the Questionnaire Type drop-down menu.
- Then, use the Click to Upload button to locate the answer template in your local files.
- All of the questions you've addressed in your answer template spreadsheet will populate in the Import Answers window (shown below). You can use the Click to Upload buttons to upload supporting files for your responses. Click the trash can icon button to delete any answers you don't want to import. If you've added comments to your answer template they will transfer to the KCM portal.
- Once you're satisfied with the answers you're uploading, click the Save button at the bottom of the window.
After you've uploaded responses, if you need to edit an answer, add comments, or attach a file to a response: Make the necessary changes in your answer template, then re-import the file. From the Import Answers window, use the Click to Upload buttons to attach files to your answers.
- Once all of your answers have been imported, or manually addressed, click the Finalize Questionnaire button at the bottom of the page to submit your assessment. Your client will receive an email at this time, letting them know the questionnaire is ready for review.
Responding to Issues
Your client can create "issues" for your assessment responses if they are unsatisfied with your answer or if they need more information. The purpose of an issue is to have further communication with your client. You'll receive an email each time an issue is created.
See the instructions below to for responding to issues:
- Log in to your KCM account using the link in the email notification you received when your client created an issue.
- You can see the open issues from the Vendor Dashboard or by clicking Issues from the navigation panel on the left-hand side of your account, as shown below.
- All open issues will be listed. Click on the issue description to open the issue.
- From the Issue Details page, type your response to the Issue Description in the Response field. Responses have a maximum of 255 characters.
- Then, click the Save Response button to submit your response.
Once you submit your response, your client will receive an email notification letting them know you've responded. You will also receive an email each time your client responds.
You'll continue to communicate with your client until they close the issue. You can see closed issues from the Issues section of your console, under the Closed Issues (#) tab.