Some Tasks in KCM GRC have to be reviewed and approved by an Approving Manager before they can be closed. This is set up by the Account Admin or Scope Administrator when the Task is created as an additional quality check to ensure that all the requirements of the Task have been satisfied.
You can see how many Tasks require your approval under the Approvals section of the My Dashboard page.
Once the Task Status has been changed to Completed, the Task will need to be Approved by the Approving Manager. To approve the Task:
- Navigate to the Task using one of these three methods:
- Select Tasks from the navigation panel on the left-hand side of your account.
- Click the link in the email you received regarding a Task awaiting approval.
- Navigate directly to all Tasks needing your approval by selecting GO next to Need My Approval under Approvals from My Dashboard.
- Review any Evidence by either clicking on the View Link button or View Document button next to the evidence. If you click the View Link button, a new tab opens the DocuLink. If you click the View Document button, the document will be downloaded.
- Under the Update Task Status section of the Task, click the drop-down menu and select Approved.
- Click Save Status to set the status.
If you create a Task and make yourself both the User Responsible and the Approving Manager for the Task, this Task will show up twice under the Approvals section of My Dashboard once it is submitted for approval. It will show up in both the Awaiting Manager Approval and Need My Approval categories.