How to Exclude KnowBe4's Domains From ATP URL Rewriting
If you're using Microsoft 365's Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) feature and you want to exempt KnowBe4's phish domains from being rewritten, below are steps to do so.
Keep in mind, though, if you're not exempting any other URLs from being rewritten: Exempting only KnowBe4's phish domains will provide a red flag for your users to know when they receive simulated phishing emails.
- First, submit a support ticket to KnowBe4's support team and request a list of our root phishing domains. Once you receive the root domains, move on to next step.
- Log into your Microsoft 365 Admin Center and navigate to the Office 365 Security & Compliance page (https://protection.office.com).
- Click on Threat management, then policy.
- Click Safe Links.
- Click on the name of the Link Policy that you created ("ATP Link Policy" in this example) and click Edit policy or create a new policy by clicking the Create button.
- Click Settings.
- Then, add the root domains you received from the Support team to the list under Do not rewrite the following URLs:. Be sure to add each phish domain using the following format: *.<rootdomain>/*. For example, if the root domain is "knowbe4.com," you would enter *.knowbe4.com/* into the field.