Managing your time zones
Setting a time zone will have different effects depending on where in the console your settings were saved. There are three places where you can set time zones in the KnowBe4 console:
Phishing and Training Campaigns
Setting the time zone in Account Settings will automatically set the default time zone used for phishing and training campaigns. This option can be helpful to Account Admins, as they will not have to change the time zone every time he/she creates a new campaign. For more information on how to make this change in your Account Settings, see our How Do I Set up My Account's Time Zone, Business Days, and Hours? article.
The time zone specified in a Phishing and Training campaign will take precedence over the time zone specified in your Account Settings. This means if the time zone in a campaign is set to Pacific time and the campaign is scheduled to begin at noon, but the default time zone in your Account Settings is set to Eastern, the campaign will still go out at noon Pacific time.
Phishing and Training Campaigns
Setting the time zone in individual Phishing or Training campaigns will affect the timing of the campaign. The emails will be delivered at the time specified for the time zone specified. For organizations with users in multiple time zones, this option allows you to set up different campaigns for users in their respective time zone.
If you want your campaign to go out at the same local time for users in different time zones, we recommend that you create groups based on the local time zone of users and schedule campaigns for these groups.
Visit our Phishing Campaigns and Training Campaigns & Course Management to learn more about best practices for setting up campaigns.
Setting the time zone in the User Profile area will affect the time the user sees in the console. We recommend only changing the time zone at the user-level for admins. This is useful if you have multiple account admins on the account and they would like to view phishing and training reports in their respective time zone.
We do not recommend setting a timezone for each user in your account.
There are two ways to edit a user's time zone:
- Method #1: One at a time, from the Users > All Users tab.
- Method #2: In bulk, from the Users > Import Users > CSV Import tab.
Method 1: One at a Time
- Navigate to Users > Users subtab.
- Find the user you would like to change from the Users List.
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the Actions column.
- Select Edit.
- This will take you to their User's Information tab. From here, go to the Time zone field and select the desired time zone from the drop-down. [[insertscreenshot]]
- When you're finished, click the Update User button at the bottom of the page.
Method 2: In Bulk
- Navigate to Users > Import Users > CSV Import.
- Create a .csv file that includes the header fields of Email and Time zone, and add your users' email addresses and respective time zones.
Time zone email@example.com (GMT-04:00) Atlantic Time (Canada) firstname.lastname@example.org (GMT-04:00) Puerto Rico email@example.com (GMT+05:30) Mumbai
Download a list of all available time zones here.
- Import your CSV to update the time zone settings on the included users.
For more details or assistance with importing CSVs, see: How do I import users with a CSV file?
User Profile time zone settings do not affect the timing of when those users will receive phishing or training-related emails.
Article is closed for comments.