Free SecurityCoach Preview Manual
SecurityCoach can be used to coach your users in real time about risky activity detected by your existing security vendors. The free SecurityCoach preview allows you to preview SecurityCoach for 30 days. During your limited preview, you can set up your security vendor integrations and begin detecting risky activity on your users’ devices.
If you’d like to watch a quick overview of how SecurityCoach works, check out our Intro to SecurityCoach video. For more information about the features available in the full version of SecurityCoach, see our SecurityCoach Product Manual.
Signing Up for a Free Account
Before starting your preview, you’ll need to sign up for a free account. If you already have a free account, skip to the Setting Up SecurityCoach section.
To sign up for a free account, follow the steps below:
- Sign up for a free account here: KnowBe4 Free SecurityCoach Preview.
- Enter your work email address and then click Next.
- You will receive an email asking you to activate your account. Click the link in the email to activate your free account.
- After you click the link, you will need to set up your free account. Enter your first name, last name, and password for the account and then click Log In.
Setting Up SecurityCoach
- Log in to your free KnowBe4 account.
- Under Free SecurityCoach Preview, click the Get Started button to begin.
- You can click the Watch Video link to watch an introduction to SecurityCoach. When you’re ready to begin your preview, click Preview.
- Configure the vendor integrations that you would like to use in SecurityCoach. Once you configure these integrations, the data provided by your security vendors will be available in SecurityCoach. For detailed instructions on configuring vendor integrations, see our Vendor Integration Guides.
- Map your users to their hostnames, usernames, or both. Mapping your users helps link risky activity detected by your integrated vendors to your users.
To map your users, click User Mapping Setup on the left side of the page. In the preview, you can only map users by uploading a User Mapping CSV. For detailed instructions on mapping users using a CSV file, see our Mapping Users in SecurityCoach article.
Once your free SecurityCoach preview is set up, you can begin to monitor your organization’s security-related events and detection rules.
Navigating Your Free SecurityCoach Preview
Once set up, your free SecurityCoach preview includes six subtabs. You can navigate to these subtabs to view your SecurityCoach data and view features available in the full version of SecurityCoach.
For more information about the SecurityCoach subtabs, click the tabs below:
The Dashboard subtab displays a quick overview of your SecurityCoach data, including charts and summaries.
Your limited preview does not include real-time coaching. But, you can view your organization's recommended real-time coaching campaigns on the Real-Time Coaching tab.
Real-Time Coaching campaigns send your users SecurityTips in real time when risky activity is detected. For more information, see our Creating and Managing Real-Time Coaching Campaigns article.
You can review your detection rules for your integrated vendors on the Detection Rules subtab. Detection rules identify what risky activity you’d like to track using the data provided by your integrated vendors.
Each vendor has a set of system detection rules that are enabled automatically. You can click the toggle to enable or disable these rules. For more information, see our Which Detection Rules Can I Use with My Vendors?.
On the SecurityTips tab, you can preview the SecurityTip graphics and notification templates. While not part of your preview, SecurityTips can be used in real-time coaching campaigns to coach users about their risky activity.
On the Setup subtab, you can configure your vendor integrations and upload a user mapping CSV file. For more information, see our Vendor Integration Guides and Mapping Users in SecurityCoach articles.
The Reports subtab includes a range of reports that provide insight into your organization’s security risks and detection rules. In the full version of SecurityCoach, you’ll also be able to view information about your organization’s real-time coaching campaigns.
You can use these reports to monitor your detection rules and security-related events during your preview. The reports are listed below:
- Risk Report for All Security Vendors
- Risk Report for Endpoint Security Vendors
- Risk Report for Email Security Vendors
- Risk Report for Web Security Vendors
- Detection Rules Report
- Real-Time Coaching Report
To view a report, click View Report. By default, each report displays data and activity for the last 90 days. Use the drop-down menu at the top-right corner of a specific dashboard to view a different date range. For more information, see our SecurityCoach Reporting Overview article.