How to edit account settings for your KCM GRC Platform
The Account Settings area is where you can customize several aspects of your KnowBe4 KCM Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) account. For instance, you can add your company's logo to the console, limit the IP addresses from which users can log into the console, and change the default timelines for Effective Date Range due dates.
Follow the two steps below to access your Account Settings.
- After logging into your account, click on Settings at the top right of the screen, and then choose Account Settings.
- From the View Account Screen, click on the Manage Account Settings button to edit your Account Settings (see below).
Manage Account Settings Screen
- Display Name: This is your company name that will be displayed in the top-left corner of your account, next to your Company Logo. Your company name will also be included in any emails that are generated from the console, including Policy Management notifications for end users.
- Primary Color: Select the color you'd like to be the primary accent color in your KCM GRC notification emails. This is a great way to personalize your KCM GRC environment to match your organization's color scheme.
- Company Logo: This is where you can upload your organization's logo. This will be displayed in the top-left corner of your account when the left-hand side navigation bar is expanded. Your logo will also be included in any emails that are generated from your KCM GRC platform.
Size specifications for this image: 3:2 Aspect Ratio, with a max width of 240px, and max height of 160px.
- Company Logo Small: This is where you can upload your organization's icon or mark. This image will be displayed in the top-left corner of your account when the left-hand side navigation bar is collapsed.
Size specifications for this image: 1:1 Aspect Ratio, with a max width of 50px, and max height of 50px.
- Document Upload Allowed: This is an account-wide setting specifying whether you'd like your Contributors/Scope Administrators to be able to upload documents as Evidence for Tasks.
- DocuLink Allowed: This is an account-wide setting specifying whether you'd like your Contributors/Scope Administrators to be able to add URLs and DocuLinks as Evidence for Tasks.
- Enable Support: This specifies whether or not you'd like to allow KnowBe4's KCM GRC Support team to view your account and compliance data so they can better assist you with any questions you have about your KCM GRC platform.
- Session Timeout: Select the maximum amount of idle time you'd like to allow before users are logged out of your KCM GRC platform.
- Time Zone: Selecting your time zone here will determine which time zone your Policy Management campaigns are scheduled in. All other dates and timestamps found in the console are currently based on Universal Time Coordinated (UTC).
- Allowed IP Addresses: This section allows you to limit access to your KCM GRC platform by specifying the IP addresses allowed to access your account. Be sure to use commas to separate the IP address entries. If you don't know your system's IP address, you can use the Whats My IP Address button to the right of this field.
- Domain Whitelist: This is a list of the allowed domain(s) for your account. All users added to your account must have an email address with an allowed domain. If you need to add additional domains for your account, contact our Support team.
- Secure MFA Login: This is an account-wide setting specifying whether you'd like to mandate Multi-Factor Authentication upon login for all users.
NOTE: Be sure your users have set up MFA before selecting Mandatory from the drop-down menu. See our Enable and Set Up Multi-Factor Authentication article for more information.
Configure Effective Date Range
When you create compliance Tasks in the console, you have an option to use an Effective Date Range (EDR) schedule. If you utilize EDR, you are choosing to specify the length of time that the Evidence submitted for a particular Task is valid–in reference to the associated compliance Requirement. See our KCM GRC: Glossary of Terms for an example of EDR.
If you utilize the Effective Date Range feature for your Tasks' Evidence, the deadline to submit new Evidence will be after the last day of the defined EDR. The default EDR due dates are pre-selected in your Account Settings. If you'd like your change the default for EDR Due dates, you can change them under the Configure Effective Date Range section of your account settings. You can specify how long you will have to submit new evidence for each EDR frequency by selecting an option from the corresponding drop-down menu.
The following options are available: