How to Whitelist in Proofpoint
If you're utilizing Proofpoint's spam filtering, you can whitelist KnowBe4 to allow our simulated phishing test emails and training notifications through to your end users.
NOTE: If you're using the Proofpoint Essentials suite of services, see the below articles instead:
- General Proofpoint Essentials Whitelisting: How to Whitelist an IP Address to Bypass Spam Filtering
- If you want to spoof your own domain using KnowBe4: Bypass Imposter Email Detection
When you're ready to whitelist in Proofpoint, follow the below instructions:
- From your Proofpoint admin center, navigate to Email Firewall, then Rules.
- Be sure to select the "On" radio button for Enable, under Rule Settings.
- Name your rule ID something such as "KnowBe4 Whitelisting by IP Address," and provide a description such as "KnowBe4 Phishing and Training emails."
- In the "Condition" section you will whitelist KnowBe4 by our IP addresses using the "Add Condition" button. Below you can find our IP addresses for phishing and training emails.
IP Addresses for KnowBe4 Accounts Located At Training.KnowBe4.com
|184.108.40.206||KnowBe4 Simulated Phishing emails|
|220.127.116.11||KnowBe4 Training emails|
If you're on the EU instance of KnowBe4, the IP addresses you need to whitelist will be different. See here for more information.
- Under Dispositions, change the Delivery Method from the default selection to Deliver Now.
- Be sure to save your rule and allow time for this new setting to propagate before testing.
Still need assistance? Submit a support ticket and we can help.