Customizing SecurityTip Notification Templates
KnowBe4 provides several built-in SecurityTip notification templates that you can use when you create real-time coaching campaigns. You can also create your own custom notification templates.
To learn how to create and manage SecurityTip notification templates, click the links below. For general information about SecurityCoach, see our SecurityCoach Product Manual.
Creating a Custom SecurityTip Notification Template
To learn how to create a custom SecurityTip notification template, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your KMSAT console and navigate to SecurityCoach > SecurityTips > Notification Templates.
- Click + Create Notification Template at the top-right corner of the page.
- Fill out the fields on the New SecurityCoach Notification page. For more information about these fields, see below:
- Template Name: Enter a name for your template.
- Status: This drop-down menu defaults to Draft and cannot be changed until you save the template.
- Click Save. When you click, the Translations table will display.
- Click + Add Language to open the What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor. For more information about the fields in this editor, see below:
- Language: Select a language for the translation.
- Sender’s Email Address: Enter the email address that the SecurityTip email will appear to come from. You can use any email address you’d like.
- Sender’s Name: Enter the name that will appear next to the Sender’s Email Address when a user receives a SecurityTip by email.
- Subject: Enter a subject for the template. This subject will be visible to your users.
- Body: Enter any text that you’d like to display in the body of the template.
- Click Save to create the translation for this template.
- Optionally, repeat steps 5 through step 6 to add additional translations for the template.
- From the Status drop-down menu, select Active. Notification templates must be active for you to use them in a real-time coaching campaign.
- Click Save.
Managing and Editing SecurityTip Notification Templates
Once you have created a custom SecurityTip notification template, you can manage or edit the template at any time. To manage and edit your templates, navigate to SecurityCoach > SecurityTips > Notification Templates. You can find your existing templates under the My Templates section of the page.
Note: If you have used the template in an active real-time coaching campaign, you cannot delete or archive the template.
To learn more about the options available in the My Templates section, see below:
- My Templates: In this section, you can view a table that lists your custom templates. For each template, you can see the Language Count, Date Updated, and Status.
- Status: Select a status to filter templates by. You can choose from All, Active, Drafts, or Archived.
- Languages: Click this drop-down menu to filter content by language.
- Search: Search for a template by entering a keyword used in the template name.
- Template Name: Click a template name to edit that template.
- More Options: Click this icon to open a drop-down menu with more options, including the Clone and Delete buttons.
- Preview: Click this icon to preview the template.