User Location Limitations
KnowBe4 is committed to conducting business in accordance with applicable economic sanctions programs and export control requirements enforced by the United States and other jurisdictions where it operates. Such laws prohibit KnowBe4 from participating in certain transactions involving restricted countries or parties, be it directly or indirectly through third parties. KnowBe4 may additionally restrict access to certain high risk territories, in its discretion.
Currently, KnowBe4 does not sell or permit access to its products and services (including its free tools) in the following countries/territories for legal and business reasons:
- Crimea, Donetsk and Luhansk (regions in Ukraine)
- North Korea
For example, when selling to a customer with a global presence, we will not allow the customer to include its users that are located in the above countries/territories. Additionally, it is prohibited to allow users to access KnowBe4’s products and services (including KnowBe4’s free tools) while traveling to those locations.
In addition, KnowBe4 does not provide, sell or transfer any products, services, technology, software or technical data to, or otherwise engage in business with, any of the following:
- Parties targeted for boycotts, embargoes, sanctions, or other similar measures by the United Nations Security Council;
- Parties appearing on the European Union’s Consolidated Sanctions List; the United Kingdom’s List of Consolidated Financial Sanctions Targets;
- Parties appearing on the Denied Persons List, Entity List, and Unverified List administered by the U.S. Commerce Department;
- Parties appearing on the sanctions lists administered by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) and the U.S. State Department;
- Countries or regions subject to U.S. embargoes or sanctions; or
- Parties that are at least 50% owned or controlled by parties subject to sanctions programs administered by OFAC, whether individually or in the aggregate.
KnowBe4 may take certain precautions to prohibit access to its products and services, such as implementing GeoIP and domain blocks to restrict access as it deems appropriate.
If local laws prohibit the storing or processing of certain data outside of the country or territory in which a data subject is located, you are prohibited from adding users to an instance that would be unlawful. KnowBe4 currently has data centers in:
- United States
- European Union
- United Kingdom