Integrating Malwarebytes with SecurityCoach
In this article, you will learn how to integrate Malwarebytes’ endpoint protection (EPP) platform with SecurityCoach. Once the integration is complete, data provided by Malwarebytes will be available for use under the SecurityCoach tab of your KMSAT console. This data can be viewed in SecurityCoach reports and used to create detection rules for real-time coaching campaigns. For general information about SecurityCoach, see our SecurityCoach Product Manual.
Click the links below to learn how to integrate Malwarebytes with SecurityCoach.
Create an OAuth Client
Before you can set up this integration in your KMSAT console, you will need to create an OAuth client in your Malwarebytes account.
To create an OAuth client in your Malwarebytes account, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Malwarebytes account and navigate to Settings > APIs & Integrations.
- Click Add in the top-right corner of the page to open the Create Client window.
- Enter the Application name, and select the Read permission.
- Click Save to create your client and open the OAuth client window. The OAuth client window displays your Client ID and Client Secret.
- Contact Malwarebytes to learn how to obtain your Account ID.
- Copy and save your Client ID, Client Secret, and Account ID to somewhere that you can easily access. You will need these items when you complete the integration setup in the Set Up the Integration in Your KMSAT Console section below.
Set Up the Integration in Your KMSAT Console
Once you have created your Malwarebytes OAuth client, you can set up the integration in your KMSAT console. To set up the integration, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your KMSAT console and navigate to SecurityCoach > Setup > Security Vendor Integrations.
- Locate Malwarebytes and click Configure.
- Enter the Client ID, Client Secret, and Account ID in the corresponding fields.
- Click Authorize.
Once you’ve successfully authorized this integration, you can manage detection rules for Malwarebytes on the Detection Rules subtab of SecurityCoach. For a full list of available system detection rules for this vendor, see our Which Detection Rules Can I Use with My Vendors? article.