Integrating Code42 with SecurityCoach
In this article, you will learn how to integrate Code42’s Incydr product with SecurityCoach. Once the integration is complete, data provided by Code42 will be available for use under the SecurityCoach tab of your KMSAT console. This data can be viewed in SecurityCoach reports and used to create detection rules for real-time coaching campaigns. For general information about SecurityCoach, see our SecurityCoach Product Manual.
Click the links below to learn how to integrate Code42 with SecurityCoach.
Create Your Code42 API Client
Before you can set up this integration in your KMSAT console, you will need to create an API client in your Code42 console. You will need your API client credentials to complete the integration setup in the Set Up the Integration in Your KMSAT Console section of this article.
To create the API client, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Code42 console.
- Navigate to Administration > Integrations > API Clients.
- Click Create new API client. When you click this button, the Create new API client pop-up window will open.
- In the Client name field, enter a name for your new API client.
- Select the Read option for Alerts.
- Click Save to create your new API client.
- Copy and save the Client ID, Secret, and Base URL somewhere that you can easily access. You will need these credentials to complete the setup process in the Set Up the Integration in Your KMSAT Console section below.
Set Up the Integration in Your KMSAT Console
Once you have created your app registration in your Code42 console, you can set up the integration in your KMSAT console. To register Code42 with SecurityCoach in your KMSAT console, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your KMSAT console and navigate to SecurityCoach > Setup > Security Vendor Integrations.
- Locate Code42 and click Configure.
- Enter the Client ID, Secret, and Base URL that you saved in the Create Your Code42 API Client section of this article.
- Click Authorize.
Once you’ve successfully authorized this integration, you can manage detection rules for Code42 on the Detection Rules subtab of SecurityCoach. For a full list of available system detection rules for this vendor, see our Which Detection Rules Can I Use with My Vendors? article.