Sending Questionnaire Assessments to Vendors
You will send questionnaires to your vendor users from the vendor profiles that you have already created in your KCM GRC account. For more information, read the sections below.
Before you send a questionnaire to a vendor, make sure you've completed the tasks below:
- Create a vendor profile for your vendor or other third-party organization. For details, see the Adding Vendor Profiles to your Account section of our Vendor Risk Management Module Guide.
- Create a vendor user account for the person who will complete the questionnaire assessment. For details, see the Adding Vendor Profiles to your Account section of our Vendor Risk Management Module Guide.
- Make sure that your questionnaire assessment is finalized. Questionnaires must be in the reviewed status before they can be sent. For details, see the Reviewing and Finalizing Questionnaires section of our How to Create and Configure Questionnaires article.
You will send your questionnaire from the Vendor Details page of the applicable vendor profile. See the next section for details.
Follow the steps below to send a questionnaire to your vendor:
- In your KCM GRC platform, navigate to Vendor Management > Vendors from the navigation panel on the left side of the page.
- On the Vendors page, click the vendor's name under the Name column to open their vendor profile.
- In the middle section of the Vendor Details page, the Available Questionnaires subtab will be selected by default. Your finalized questionnaires will be listed here. Click the Send Questionnaire button on the right side of the page to send the corresponding questionnaire.
Note: The Vendor Status must be pending approval or active to send a questionnaire.
- You'll be prompted to select a Schedule Frequency, Start Date, and End Date. For more information, see the screenshot and list below:
Schedule Frequency: Choose a frequency from the drop-down menu to determine how often you want this questionnaire to be automatically sent to your vendor. Expand the menu below for details about the frequency options.
Schedule Frequency Details
Schedule Frequency Details Weekly Sends every seven days Monthly Sends every month on the same date Bi-Monthly Sends every other month on the same date Quarterly Sends every three months on the same date Semi-Annually Sends every six months on the same date Annually Sends every year on the same date
Note:If you would only like to send the questionnaire to the vendor one time, select any Schedule Frequency and put tomorrow's date in the End Date field. The questionnaire will not be sent after the End Date.
- Start Date: In this field, enter the date you want the questionnaire schedule to begin.
End Date: In this field, enter the date you want the questionnaire schedule to end. The vendor will no longer receive the questionnaire on a recurring frequency after this date.
Tip:You can use the calendar to quickly set a date in the future. To quickly select a different month, click the month or year at the top one time. To quickly select a different year, click the month or year two times.
- Due After (Optional): Use these fields to define a period of time in which you would like the questionnaire to be completed. The user completing the questionnaire will see this due date in their notification email and in their vendor portal. This will be the suggested, or soft, due date. The user will still be able to complete the questionnaire after this time.
- Schedule Frequency: Choose a frequency from the drop-down menu to determine how often you want this questionnaire to be automatically sent to your vendor. Expand the menu below for details about the frequency options.
- Click the Schedule button to send the questionnaire to the vendor.
Clicking the Schedule button will immediately send the questionnaire to the vendor contact's vendor portal, and it will send an email notification to the vendor contact. The email notification will be sent to the email address listed in the Contact Email field under the vendor profile (click to view).