Using KnowBe4's Courseware Player
The courseware player for KnowBe4's training and video modules provide options that will help you train your users with an accessible interface that offers features such as closed captioning and multi-browser and device support. You'll see this interface when taking any of our newly published KnowBe4 content or any of KnowBe4's video modules. Please note that the courseware player is only used for content created by the KnowBe4 publisher.
Use the jump links below to see the features offered for the training module player and the video module player.
Interacting with the Training Module Player
Use the KnowBe4 training module player to navigate through your training module, interact with the script, and lookup terms described in the module with the glossary.
Described below are the available buttons on the training module player.
- Click the hamburger menu to show the sidebar menu. For information on the options available in the sidebar, see the Using the Sidebar section below.
- The media player may display in some sections in the training module.
- Click this button to pause or play the media.
- Displays how far along you are with the media. Click and drag the circle to rewind or fast-forward the media.
- Shows the time elapsed in the media.
- Click this button to show or hide closed captioning.
- Click the left-facing arrow to navigate to the previous section. Alternatively, you can use the left arrow on your keyboard.
- Click the right-facing arrow to proceed to the next section. Alternatively, you can use the right arrow on your keyboard.
- Shows the versioning information. The version number of the player is on the left and then the version of the course is to the right of that.
- Shows the progress of the training module.
Using the Sidebar
By default, the sidebar is closed. To expand these features click the hamburger menu in the top left corner to show the menu. The sidebar gives you various options (described below) and shows you how many sections are included in the module and which section number you're on.
Below are the descriptions for the available buttons on the menu:
|Close||Click this button to minimize the menu.|
|Table of Contents||Click this button to display a table of contents to navigate to specific sections within the training module.|
|Glossary||Click this button to open a glossary of terms for the training module. You can use the search bar to search for definitions of specific terms.|
|Script||Click this button to view the script for the audio. You can hover over underlined terms to see their definitions. Click on the underlined terms to see them in the glossary.|
|References||Click this button to see the referenced material.|
|Audio is playing||Click this button to pause the audio.|
|Audio is paused||Click this button to resume the audio.|
Interacting with the Video Module Player
Use the KnowBe4 video module player to watch content the way you want. The video player includes features such as closed captioning and the ability to detect your connection speed to give you the best experience on your environment.
Described below are the available buttons on the video module player.
- Click this button to play or pause the video.
- Click this button to enable or disable audio.
- This bar shows the progress made in the video. Click and drag the circle to rewind or fast forward the video.
Please note that although you have the option to fast-forward the video, you will need to watch the entire video before it can be marked as complete.
- Shows the time elapsed in the video.
- Click this button to expand the closed captioning menu. Use the options to enable or disable closed captioning.
- Click this button to make the video full screen. Click the button again or press the escape key on your keyboard to exit full screen mode.
- Shows the versioning information. The version number of the player is the first number after "Version" and the number following the "C" is the version of the course.