What Is the Risk Templates Area of My Console?
Risk Management is a module within the KnowBe4 KCM Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) platform that is available to Gold and Platinum subscriptions. This module is designed to simplify the processes of identifying, assessing, monitoring, and mitigating the various risks that are faced by your organization. See our Risk Management Overview article for an introduction to risk management with KCM GRC.
The risk templates area of your console holds the pre-populated risks that are included in our master risk repository. The master risk repository is used in our risk wizard tool. Aside from these pre-populated risks, the risk templates area contains every risk that you've imported or created in your risk register.
Adding Risks from Risk Templates
The risk templates area of your account includes KCM GRC's master risk repository. You have two options for adding risks to your risk register from the master risk repository:
- If you're just getting started with risk management in KCM GRC, we suggest using the risk wizard.
- See our Risk Management: Risk Wizard article for more information.
- You can browse or search the master risk repository and add risks individually.
- Follow the steps below to add risks from the master risk repository.
Follow the steps below to add risks to your risk register from the risk templates area of your console:
- Navigate to the Risk Templates page. From the navigation panel on the left-hand side, click Risk Management > Risk Templates.
- Browse through all risks or use the Search Risk Templates... search field to search for risks by keyword.
- Click the + button in the far-right column to add the risk to your risk register.
- Specify the details from the "Quick Add" page, as outlined below.
- Risk Name: Give your Risk a descriptive title that represents the scope of what the risk poses to your organization.
- Risk Status: Selecting a status for your risk is recommended. Risk status offers insight into the state of the risk and what efforts (if any) can be made toward managing the risk–whether that be mitigation efforts, acceptance, or transference of the risk.
- Tags: Your KCM GRC platform offers custom tagging features. You can create custom tags and assign them to the applicable risks.
- Likelihood: Determine the likelihood of the risk occurring. This variable will impact your inherent risk score.
- See here for more information on measuring risk likelihood in KCM GRC.
- Impact: Determine the measure of impact that the Risk would cause to your organization. This variable will impact your inherent risk score.
- See here for more information on measuring risk impact in KCM GRC.
- Inherent Risk Score: This number will automatically recalculate as you change the Risk likelihood and impact.
- To learn more, see our Risk Scoring article.
- Add Another (optional): If you're satisfied with including only the "quick add" Risk details, you can click this checkbox before clicking the Create button to add another risk. Deselect this checkbox if you want to add more details to your risk.
- Create: Click this button to create the risk and add it to your risk register.
- Details: Click this button to add additional details to your Risk, as outlined below.
- Description: Describe the threat that the risk poses to your organization, including the physical location(s), systems, employees, third parties, processes, etc., that would be involved if the event were to occur.
- Consequences: Describe the potential outcomes of the risk occurring, including the physical location(s), systems, employees, third parties, processes, etc., that would be impacted.
- Category: Select the category in which you want the risk to reside in your risk register. Choose between the following: Business & Strategic, Environmental & Natural, Financial, Operational & Infrastructure, Compliance, or Custom.
- Subcategory: The set of subcategories will differ depending on which category you have selected. Click here for a list of the subcategories available under each category.
- Save: Click this button to save the risk details and add it to your risk register.
You can import risks into the Risk Templates area of your console by clicking the Import Templates button.
- KCM GRC Risk Management: Overview
- KCM GRC Risk Management: Risk Wizard
- KCM GRC Risk Management: Risk Register
- KCM GRC Risk Management: Risk Dashboard