How to Whitelist Phish Link and Landing Page Domains in Windows SmartScreen
You can exempt KnowBe4 phishing and landing domains from SmartScreen scanning in Internet Explorer and Edge through Group Policy or by following the whitelist steps below:
- Request the list of root phishing and landing domains from the KnowBe4 support team.
- Open your web browser and navigate to Internet Options > Security tab.
- Select the Trusted sites zone. Then, click the Sites button.
- Deselect Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.
- Add the root phishing and landing domains. Then, click the Close button.
- On the Security tab, click on the Custom level... button.
- Scroll down to Use Windows Defender SmartScreen and select Disable.
- Click OK.
You can configure SmartScreen whitelist settings through Group Policy. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Add the root Phish Link and Landing Page domains by following the steps in this Group Policy – Internet Explorer Security Zones article.
- In your Group Policy Management Editor, navigate to:
Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Internet Control Panel\Security Page\Trusted Sites Zone
- Then, change the Turn on SmartScreen Filter scan state to Disabled.