Release Notes for Second Chance
Use this article to stay up-to-date with changes to KnowBe4’s Second Chance tool.
Changes to Second Chance may include new, updated, deprecated, or removed features. As stated in our Terms of Service
, which we may update from time to time, KnowBe4 grants you access to its Subscription Services. KnowBe4 reserves the right to terminate access to, use of, and support of features that are included as part of the Subscription Services, which is common with software services. These terms allow us to adapt to the evolving cybersecurity industry so we can provide current, high-quality services.
Second Chance will update automatically. If you're experiencing issues or don't want to wait for your version to update automatically, you can install the latest version manually. To install the latest version, download the Second Chance Training Device Installer (.exe file) in your console. For more information, see our Second Chance Installation Guide.
See the table below for a list of updates, with the latest updates displayed at the top.
- We’ve added support for the new Microsoft Outlook app. If you’ve downloaded the Microsoft Outlook app from a source other than the Microsoft Store, the app will still be supported as long as you use Microsoft Edge as your default browser.
- We’ve implemented a bug fix for Second Chance occasionally uninstalling when it’s trying to upgrade.
- We’ve improved the Second Chance troubleshooter so that it collects more system information.
- Starting on December 31, 2023, KnowBe4 will no longer support the Second Chance free tool. Second Chance will continue to function through 2024 but will not receive updates and may be unstable. For more information, see our Second Chance Installation and Product Manual.
- This version fixes minor bugs.
- We’ve implemented a bug fix for opening Excel when antivirus programs are installed.
- This version fixes minor bugs.
- This version reduces the size of the installer kit.
- This version improves support for links rewritten by Proofpoint URL Defense.
- For some Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 machines that have Internet Explorer as the default browser, the dialog box does not display when clicking a URL from an Office file opened in Office desktop applications.
- This version relies on an Internet Explorer plugin that IE loads automatically when it starts.
- This version uninstalls any previous versions of Second Chance that are installed on the computer.
- This version adds a new Search button on the URLs, Users, and Devices pages.
- This version adds versioning information that displays when you click on the Second Chance Chrome extension.
- This version fixes the following bugs:
- Multiple instances of Second Chance were installed if the email client or web browser was open during installation.
- Issues with Second Chance not working with Windows 32-Bit.
- In Chrome, Second Chance wouldn't prompt users when they clicked on a link through Gmail if "google.com" had been whitelisted.
This version fixes two minor bugs.
The version fixes the following bugs:
- A .dll-related error upon starting Excel
- Second Chance prompts not appearing
- The My Documents folder opens instead when attempting to open a downloaded attachment
|This version fixes several bugs, including Excel crashing.
Back to top