How to Whitelist KnowBe4 in Fortinet FortiGate
Fortinet's FortiGate web filter can be configured to allow access to KnowBe4's phish and landing domains. We recommend whitelisting KnowBe4 in Fortigate's web filter if your users experience issues accessing our landing pages (upon failing a phishing test).
The instructions below include information from FortiGate's Static URL Filter article. If you run into issues whitelisting KnowBe4 in FortiGate, we recommend reaching out to FortiGate for specific instructions. You can also contact our support team whenever you need assistance.
Static URL Filter
You can allow access to our phish and landing domains by adding them to your Static URL Filter list in your Fortigate firewall. The FortiGate web filter allows web pages matching the URLs you specify.
How to whitelist KnowBe4 in FortiGate:
- Contact KnowBe4's support team and request a list of our phish and landing domains.
- Navigate to Security Profiles > Web Filter.
- Create a new web filter or select a one to edit.
- Expand Static URL Filter, enable URL Filter, and select Create.
- Enter the URLs, without the “https”. For example, www.example.com.
- Enter each phish and landing domain, as provided by KnowBe4 support.
- Select Type: Simple
- Select the Action to take against matching URLs: Allow
- Confirm that Status is enabled.