How to Whitelist KnowBe4 in Fortinet FortiGate
Fortinet's FortiGate web filter can be configured to allow access to KnowBe4's phish and landing domains. We recommend whitelisting KnowBe4 in Fortigate's web filter if your users experience issues accessing our landing pages (upon failing a phishing test).
The instructions below include information from FortiGate's Static URL Filter article. If you run into issues whitelisting KnowBe4 in FortiGate, we recommend reaching out to FortiGate for specific instructions. You can also contact our support team whenever you need assistance.
Whitelisting by Static URL Filter
You can allow access to our phish and landing domains by adding them to your Static URL Filter list in your Fortigate firewall. The FortiGate web filter allows web pages matching the URLs you specify.
- First, navigate to the Phishing tab in your KMSAT console. Select the Domains subtab to see a list of our root phishing domains.
- Log in to your Fortinet account.
- Navigate to Security Profiles > Web Filter.
- Create a new web filter or select one to edit.
- Expand Static URL Filter, enable URL Filter, and select Create.
- Enter the URLs, without the “https”. For example, www.example.com.
- Enter each phishing and training domain as seen in Step 1.
- Select Type: Simple
- Select the Action to take against matching URLs: Allow
- Confirm that Status is enabled.
After following this article, we recommend setting up a test phishing campaign for 1-2 users to ensure your whitelisting was successful. As a last resource, we suggest reaching out to your service provider for assistance. Visit the Third-Party Whitelisting Assistance section of our Whitelisting Data and Anti-Spam Information article for an email template you can send to your service provider.