How to copy a .bat file when installing the PAB through Group Policy
To install the Phish Alert Button (PAB) through Group Policy (GPO), you will need to copy the .bat file to the GPO Object folder located in the SYSVOL folder. There are two ways to do this:
- Access the SYSVOL folder through Share Permissions.
- Copy the .bat file to the Network Share folder of the local SYSVOL folder.
- Access the SYSVOL folder through the local hard drive.
Access the SYSVOL folder through Share Permissions
- Open the Share and Storage Management console.
- Double-click the SYSVOL folder. This will open the SYSVOL Properties window.
- In the SYSVOL Properties window, click the Permissions tab.
- Under the Permissions tab, click the "NTFS Permissions" button. This will open the Permissions for sysvol window.
- In the Permissions for sysvol window, grant yourself Modify privileges by checking the box under the Allow column. Click the "OK" button.
If applicable, grant yourself Change privileges under Share Permissions.
- You should now be able to copy the .bat file to the local Startup Script location. The Startup Script location will open when you click the "Show Files..." button under the Startup Properties window.
Access the SYSVOL folder through the local hard drive
- Navigate to C:\Windows\SYSVOL\sysvol on your workstation.
- Then, continue the path to the Startup Script folder location.
- In the Startup Script folder location, directly copy the .bat file.