How to Whitelist in VIPRE Email Security and Endpoint Security
If you're using VIPRE's Email Security spam filtering, you can whitelist KnowBe4 to allow our simulated phishing test emails and training notifications through to your end users. You can also whitelist KnowBe4's phish and landing domains in VIPRE Endpoint Security to allow your users to access phishing test landing pages.
The instructions below are for a third-party software. If you run into issues whitelisting KnowBe4 in VIPRE, we recommend reaching out to VIPRE for specific instructions. You can also contact our support team whenever you need assistance.
- Whitelisting in VIPRE Email Security
- Whitelisting in VIPRE Endpoint Security
Whitelisting by IP Address
Typically, we recommend whitelisting our IP addresses in your spam filter. There are three ways to whitelist IP addresses in VIPRE Email Security.
- Whitelist from Connection Filtering
- Add IP as an Allowed Sender for Antispoofing
- Create a Custom Rule for Spam Filtering
Here is an article from VIPRE Security explaining how to set up these policies: https://support.threattracksecurity.com/support/solutions/articles/1000071147-how-to-add-a-trusted-ip-address-to-vipre-email-security
For the most up-to-date list of our IP addresses, please see this article.
Whitelisting by Hostname
If you find that you are unable to whitelist IP addresses for whatever reason, you can whitelist our mail server hostnames instead. Visit our Whitelisting Data and Anti-Spam Filtering Information article to view a table of our mail server hostnames.
Here is an article from VIPRE Security explaining how to prevent messages from being filtered when coming from a specific hostname:
Back to top
Whitelisting KnowBe4’s Landing Pages
You can whitelist our phishing and landing domains to allow the landing page attached to your phishing campaign(s) through to your users. To do this in VIPRE Endpoint Security, follow the steps below:
- Request the list of root phish and landing domains from the KnowBe4 support team.
- Navigate to your VIPRE Endpoint Security console.
- Locate and double-click on the policy you want to add an allowed domain to.
- Select Advanced Browser Protection to expand your options. Then, click on Allowed Web Sites.
- Click the Add button to enter the KnowBe4 phishing and landing domain(s) in the Please enter domain field.
- Click the Apply button. Then, click the OK button.
Each domain must be added to a policy manually and one at a time. However, once you have a list of domains created under one policy, you can copy the list to another policy by using the Copy To… button.
After following this article, we recommend setting up a test phishing campaign to 1-2 users to ensure your whitelisting was successful. As a last resource, we suggest reaching out to your service provider for assistance. Visit here for an email template you can send to your service provider.