How to Whitelist in McAfee/MX Logic
If your organization is using McAfee or MX Logic, you will need to whitelist KnowBe4's IPs as "Allowed Senders" to allow our phishing and training-related emails through to your end users. You can also whitelist by our mail server hostnames in this area, although we recommend IP in most cases.
You can modify your policy-level Allowed Senders list by following the steps below. This new policy will allow any inbound mail flow originating from those three IP addresses to bypass the spam and content filters in McAfee/MX Logic.
The instructions below are for a third-party software. If you run into issues whitelisting KnowBe4 in McAfee/MXLogic, we recommend reaching out to McAfee/MX Logic for specific instructions. You can also contact our support team whenever you need assistance.
- Login to the Control Console. Select the Email Protection tab, and then the Policies tab.
- Highlight the inbound policy you wish to change and click Edit.
- Click the Allow/Deny tab, then add our IP addresses to the Add Address box. For the most up-to-date list of our IP addresses, see the KnowBe4's IP Addresses, Hostnames, and Headers section of our Whitelisting Data and Anti-Spam Information article.
- Enable the checkbox for Bypass attachment policy if you plan on sending phishing tests with attachments on them. (Recommended)
- Click Add.
- Click Save. There may be a 20-minute delay for the changes to take place.
Article is closed for comments.