Using the PAB in Microsoft Outlook
The Phish Alert Button (PAB) is a tool that allows you to report suspicious emails. When you click the PAB, you can help warn your IT security team about phishing attacks or malicious messages.
To learn why, when, and how to use the PAB, see the sections below.
Why Should I Use the PAB?
Reporting emails will help your organization stay safe. When you report an email with the PAB, the email will be forwarded to administrators from your organization so they can analyze it. Once you are aware of possible vulnerabilities, you can better defend against cyber attacks. You are an important part of the process of keeping your organization safe from cybercriminals. Stop, Look, and Think!
When Should I Use the PAB?
You should use the PAB any time you receive an email that is suspicious or a potential phishing attack.
You shouldn’t report spam or marketing emails with the PAB. Instead, you can delete these emails from your inbox. If you would like to stop receiving email from the sender or sender’s domain, you can also add the sender or sender's domain to your block list.
How Do I Use the PAB?
Once your organization has installed the PAB for Outlook, you should see the PAB in your inbox. The PAB displays as a button at the top of your Outlook client or a tab that you can click when you open an email.
Reporting Emails with the PAB Icon
To report an email with the PAB icon at the top of your Outlook client, follow the steps below:
- Open your Outlook client.
- Select or open the email that you would like to report.
- Click the Phish Alert button at the top-right corner of the page.
- In the pop-up window that opens, click Yes to report the email. If you decide not to report the email, you can click the No button.
Reporting Emails with the PAB Phish Alert Tab
To report an email with the Phish Alert tab, follow the steps below:
- Open the email that you would like to report.
- In the opened email, click the Phish Alert tab.
- In the pop-up window that opens, click the Phish Alert button to report the email.