KnowBe4 Community Guide
What is the KnowBe4 Community?
The KnowBe4 Community is a private online user community designed for admins, partners, and employees (Knowsters) to connect, share knowledge, and collaborate on new ideas. Community members can access exclusive news from our team, share feedback about our products, participate in user surveys, and more.
See the sections below to learn about the community. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions about the community, reach out to email@example.com. For any product-related technical issues, contact our support team or your Account Manager.
Registering Your Account
If this is your first time accessing the community, follow the steps below to register your account:
- Log in to your KMSAT console.
- Click your email address in the top-right corner of the page, then click KnowBe4 Community. You’ll be taken to the Set username page.
- Create your username. Your username is how other community members will identify you. Once your username is set, you won't be able to change it.
Note: Your community email address will be the email address from your KMSAT console. If you change your email address in your console, your community account will remain the same.
- Click Save. You’ll be redirected to the community home page.
Accessing the Community
After you register your account, you can access the community through your KMSAT console or PhishER platform.
To access the community from your KMSAT console, click your email address in the top-right corner of the page. Then, click KnowBe4 Community.
To access the community from your PhishER platform, click the user icon at the bottom of the navigation bar. Then, click KnowBe4 Community.
Setting Up Your Profile
We recommend setting up your profile to customize your settings and preferences.
To set up your profile, follow the steps below:
- Go to the KnowBe4 Community.
- Click your profile picture in the top-right corner of the page, then click Profile.
- Under your username, click Edit Settings. You’ll be taken to the Settings page.
- On the Profile subtab, you can edit your profile picture, personal details, and more.
- When you’re finished editing information on this subtab, click Save Changes.
- On the General subtab, you can edit your notification settings, enable the option to display your badges, and more.
- When you’re finished setting up your profile, click Save Changes.
Navigating the Community
You can navigate through the spaces in the community to connect with other members, share knowledge, and collaborate on new ideas. To learn about the spaces in the community, see the subsections below:
In the Explore space, you can join conversations, ask for help, and share experiences with the community. This space is divided into the pages listed below:
- Welcome: On this page, you can learn how to use the community and introduce yourself to other community members.
- Learn and Share: On this page, you can share success stories, discuss best practices, and chat about security news.
- Ask the Community: On this page, you can ask the community for help, tips, and advice on all things KnowBe4 and cybersecurity.
In the Ideas space, you can submit ideas for our products, see updates on proposed product ideas, and vote on ideas that you like. Our team can view proposed ideas and submit a working status on your ideas. For more information on how to submit and an idea and our review process, see our Ideation Guide on the community.
In the News space, you can stay up to date with the latest news. You can also interact with our team about new updates in our products. Back to top
Click here to open our Events page on knowbe4.com, where you can discover events and reserve your spot.
In the Groups space, you can join different groups based on betas, industries, regions, and more. Once you join a group, you can create posts to ask questions or start conversations with other group members.
Working with Posts
Creating a Post
You can create a post to ask a question, start a conversation, or submit an idea. To create a new post, click Create Post in the top-right corner of the page. Then, fill out the fields with information about your post. For more information, see the screenshot and list below:
What kind of post are you creating?: Select the category for your post. For more information, see the list below:
- Question: Select this category to ask a question about one of our products.
- Conversation: Select this category to share an experience and start a conversation with other community members.
- Idea: Select this category to share an idea or suggestion to improve our products
- Title: Enter a short, descriptive title for your post. If possible, include the name of the product or service.
- Details: Enter a detailed description for your post. You can upload images and videos to your post to better describe your question, experience, or idea.
- Category: Select a category for your post. For example, a post about a security tip you’ve discovered should go in the Show and Tell category.
- Tags (Optional): Select or enter a tag for your post. Tags are keywords that describe your post so other users can find it. For example, a post about leaderboards could have a gamification tag.
Once you’re ready to publish your post, click Create.
Editing a Post
If you made a mistake while creating your post or you would like to add more information to it, you can edit the post.
To edit a post, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the post you would like to edit. You can access your posts by clicking your profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen and then selecting Posts.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the post.
- At the bottom-right corner of the page, hover your mouse over the three dots icon, then click Edit.
- Edit the fields you would like to change.
- Click Save to publish your changes.
Reporting a Post or Comment
- Private information, such as email addresses or phone numbers
- Any other content that conflicts with the guidelines above
To report a post or comment, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the post or comment.
- Click the three dots icon at the bottom-right corner of the post or comment.
- Click Flag.
If you're unsure whether you should report a post or a comment, please report it anyway. A Community Manager will review your report as soon as possible.
Interacting with Posts
There are several ways you can interact with posts, such as replying or subscribing to them. For more information, see the screenshot and list below:
- Like: Click this button to like the post. Community members will be able to see who likes the post.
- Quote: Click this button to quote the post in a reply. You can use this feature to reply to a specific part of a post instead of replying to the entire post.
- Subscribe: Click this button to receive email notifications about updates to the post.
- Share: Hover your mouse over this button to see sharing options. You can share posts on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Note: Our community is private. If you share a link with someone outside of our community, they will be taken to a restricted access landing page.
- Three dots: Hover your mouse over this button to view additional options that allow you to report the post or copy a link to it.
- Was this post helpful?: This option will only display on Question posts. Select an emoji to rate the post based on helpfulness.
- Reply: In this field, enter a reply to the post. Then, click Send.
As you participate in community activities, you’ll earn badges, points, and ranks.
Ranks can be earned by doing actions like creating posts, answering questions, and more. Move up the ranks to become a Super User and unlock exclusive perks in the community!