How to Whitelist in Forcepoint
If you are using Forcepoint's (formally Websense) web or email filtering services, you can whitelist KnowBe4 to allow our simulated phishing test emails and training notifications through to your end users.
The instructions below are for third-party software. If you run into issues whitelisting KnowBe4 in Forcepoint, we recommend reaching out to Forcepoint for specific instructions. You can also contact our support team whenever you need assistance.
Whitelisting by IP Address in Antispam
Below are the instructions for whitelisting KnowBe4 by IP address. These instructions were gathered from Forcepoints’s Adding an entry to a whitelist or blacklist article.
- Log in to your Forcepoint account.
- Navigate to the Antispam tab in your Forcepoint account.
- Click on Whitelist these addresses.
- Click Add to add a new entry.
- Enter an email address, domain name, or IP address in the Address field. For the most up-to-date list of our IP addresses, please see our Whitelisting Data and Anti-Spam Filtering Information article.
- Add a description to your entry, if you’d like.
- Click Submit.
Note: After following this article, we recommend setting up a test phishing campaign for 1-2 users to ensure your whitelisting was successful. As a last resource, we suggest reaching out to your service provider for assistance. Visit here for an email template you can send to your service provider.
Whitelisting URLs for Websense Web Security
See this article to define a set of URLs that clients can always access.
Forcepoint Email Security URL Sandboxing
The Email Security URL Sandboxing feature can be used to create filters and let KnowBe4 phishing security test URLs bypass Forcepoint. See this article for information on Forcepoint's URL Sandboxing policy.