Creating a Group
In your KnowBe4 account, you can use groups to easily assign training and phishing tests to a subset of users. You can create groups manually from the Users tab of your KnowBe4 account, import groups with a CSV file, or sync groups from your Active Directory.
Click the links below to learn about the different ways to create and manage groups.
Create Groups in Your Account
To create a group in your KnowBe4 account, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your KnowBe4 account and navigate to Users > Groups.
- Click the + Create New Group button.
- Fill out the fields on the Create New Group page. For more information about the fields on this page, see the screenshot and list below:
- Group Name: Enter a name for the group. The character limit for this field is 64 characters, including spaces.
- Security Roles: From the drop-down menu, select any Security Roles that you would like to apply to the users in this group. This setting is optional. Adding Security Roles to the group allows you to assign the level of administrative permissions that the group has. For more information about Security Roles, see our How to Use Security Roles article.
- Make this a Smart Group: If you have a Platinum or Diamond account, you can select this check box to make the group a Smart Group. This setting is optional. A Smart Group is a dynamic group that changes based on criteria that you set, such as users with a certain number of phishing test failures. Users can't be manually added to or removed from a Smart Group. For more information about Smart Groups, see our How to Use Smart Groups article.
- Set Risk Booster: Set a Risk Booster for users in this group. This setting is optional. Setting a Risk Booster allows you to manually increase or decrease the group’s risk level. You may want to set a Risk Booster if users in the group have access to lots of sensitive information or if they are at higher risk of phishing attacks due to their job titles. For more information about Risk Boosters, see our Risk Boosters Guide.
- Once you have filled out the fields, click Create Group.
To add users to your new group, follow the steps in our How to Add or Remove a User from a Group article.
Import Groups with a CSV File
You can also create groups automatically when you import users into your KnowBe4 console using a CSV file. To import groups with a CSV file, add a Group header to your CSV file before you import your user list into your account.
For more information about importing users and groups with a CSV file, see our How to Import Users with a CSV File article.
Sync Groups with User Provisioning
You can also sync groups into your KnowBe4 console using Active Directory Integration (ADI) or SCIM.
For information on syncing groups into your KnowBe4 console with user provisioning, see our Active Directory Integration (ADI) Configuration Guide or our SCIM Configuration Guide.