There are a few ways to change or reset your users' passwords from the KnowBe4 admin console. Click on a link below to see the steps for each process:
Reset User Passwords Individually
Follow the steps below to send a Password Reset Link directly to the confirmed email address of the affected user:
- Sign out of your KnowBe4 admin account.
- To do this, click your email address in the top-right and select Sign Out.
- In a new window or tab, open our KnowBe4's Training Instances article. Then, click on the password reset link for your training instance.
- In the Email field, enter the affected user's email address.
- This must be the email address used for their KnowBe4 training.
- Click Send me reset password instructions.
- The user should receive an email with a reset link within minutes. The link will be valid for approximately six hours.
- If they do not receive this email, we suggest checking their junk or spam email folder.
- If they are unable to locate the email, you can manually change their password using one of the other two options in this article.
Assign User Passwords in Bulk Using Quick Import
You can manually change the password for one or more users using the Quick Import feature. This option allows you to set the same password for all of the users you choose to provide. To use this process, follow these steps:
- From the KnowBe4 console, navigate to Users > Import Users and click on Quick Import.
- Enter the email address of each user you would like to change the password for.
- Emails should be entered one per line.
- Do not use any commas or spaces.
- Check the Set Password for Users checkbox.
- Enter a password for these users.
- The same password will be assigned to all users provided on this page.
- Click Import Users to update these users' passwords.
Assign User Passwords in Bulk Using CSV Import
You can manually change the password for one or more users using the CSV Import feature. This option allows you to set unique passwords for each user of your choice. To use this process, follow these steps:
- Create a CSV with two headers: Email and Password
- Under the Email header, enter the email address of each user whose password you would like to change.
- If you need to change the password for ALL of your users, you can quickly obtain a list of all of your users by clicking Download CSV on the Users List in your KnowBe4 console. Be sure to remove yourself from this list though, or else your password will be changed as well.
- Under the Password header, enter the desired password for that user.
- Save the CSV file.
If you are using Excel, CSVs must be saved in the CSV UTF-8 format.
- In the KnowBe4 console, navigate to Users > Import Users and click on CSV Import.
- Click the Browse button and upload your CSV.
- Choose your notification settings, then click Import Users at the bottom of the page.
- The users you included in the CSV will now be able to log in with the password you assigned.