USB Security Test Product Manual
The USB Security Test (UST) can help you find out how your users will react to unknown USBs. Our special "beaconized" files will "call home" if opened and report the "fail" to your KnowBe4 console. On Office documents, if the user also enables the macro on the file, additional data is tracked and geomapped.
Follow these steps to complete your USB Security Test. You will not be required to download or install any software as part of this test. All you will need to get started is at least one USB drive and a free KnowBe4 account.
- Sign up for a free account at https://training.knowbe4.com/, then check your email for a confirmation link from KnowBe4.
- Click the confirmation link to activate your account and set up your password. When signing up, be sure to use your email address from your organization's domain, rather than your personal email.
- After you set up your password, log in to https://training.knowbe4.com and you will see your Free USB Security Test near the bottom of the page. Click the Get Started button to begin.
- Download one or more of the files you see on screen. You can feel free to rename them to something enticing which will lure your users into clicking. Place the files on your USB(s) and start your test!
- Drop the USBs in any location around your office you wish. This will prompt your users to decide whether they will leave the USB alone or plug it in to investigate. Worse, will they open the files, or even enable macros on them? The test will track any failures within 7 days of the start of the test.
Check your account for results. If you see failures, contact your sales rep or reseller for more details.