Recent changes to the Reporting API have occurred with little to no warning. This has resulted in the need for urgent or emergency changes to production systems relying on integrations via the API. This Request is to ensure there is adequate time between active customer notification of upcoming changes, full documentation of the details of those changes, and implementation of the changes. Additionally, this Request also Requests supplementing the current API with Versioning, to permit those organizations that are unable to make required code changes in time to utilize prior versions of the API. This is critically important for features of the API that are being deprecated or for which the data or structure of output is significantly changed.
This Request is to permit customers with robust Software Development Live Cycles and Enterprise Change Control requirements to comply with those internal processes.
1. Adequate notice must be given for upcoming API changes to support SDLC and Enterprise Change Control
1.a. Requesting a Minimum of 6 months between announcement and implementation (unless versioning is implemented and enforced)
1.b. Preferably, an additional 6+ months, minimum, of versioned support for deprecated / modified functions following implementation (total of 1 year between initial announcement and removal from stack)
1.c Customer Notification must occur in a trackable method, such as via email and/or during regularly scheduled customer success calls with minutes and supporting documentation
2. Change Log provides Dates (exact dates, not just “rounded to nearest month”) of all announcements and changes
3. Documentation and Change Log includes historical reference for deprecated features
3.a. Documentation is updated to reflect all necessary technical details at time of or prior to customer notice
4. Features being deprecated be given “grace period” with adequate notice, of no less than 6 months, and must remain functional throughout that notice period
5. Versioning API be fully supported with minimum 6-month grace period, preferably 2+ years
Hozzászólások írásához jelentkezzen be.