Creating a Team structure within the LMS allows you to assign training to separate groups of people (if you have specific audiences for a course). It also allows you to run reports and track the completion of your training by Team. Assigning courses to a Team is one of the best ways to assign a course out to a group of people at the same time because you can simultaneously assign a course to an entire Team at once. If you have a course assigned to a Team, whenever someone new is added to the Team, they will automatically be assigned to the course.
Assigning Courses to a Team
- From the LMS upper navigation bar, click the Teams tab.
- Select the Team to which you want to assign a course.
- Click the Courses tab within the Team configuration page.
- Click Assign Courses to [Name of Team].
- In the popup selection box, you can either scroll to find the course(s) you want or search by course name.
- Click the box next to each course you want to assign.
- The option to Send email/text notifications for messages is automatically checked. Keeping this box checked will immediately send every member of the Team a notification that they have been assigned to their new course(s).
- If you do not want every member of the team immediately notified of their new course assignment, uncheck this box.
- Click the Assign button.