To assign LMS users to teams, you can either use the Team Menu (best for assigning a small number of existing users) or use Bulk Import (best for assigning new users and/or a large number of existing users).
Assign Users to Teams with Bulk Import
You will need to obtain the team code of the existing Team for the CSV:
- In the LMS, click the Teams tab from the upper navigation bar.
- On the left, find and click on the name of the team that you’d like to import users into OR on the right, click Add a new team.
- From the upper navigation bar on the Team page, click on the Settings tab.
- From the upper right, copy the entire string that appears in the yellow box labeled “Team code for importing people in bulk” (Ex: 77470-GROUPNAME).
- Paste the code into the Team Code column in your CSV for all users you wish to assign to that team.
Once you’ve completed your CSV, run the bulk import. We recommend using the Chrome browser for this:
- Click the People tab from the upper navigation bar.
- On the right, click Import people in bulk (If your browser window is set to a narrow width, this command will appear at the bottom of the screen).
- Choose your .csv file, check the box for The first row of my file contains column titles, and then click Next.
Make sure the following fields are always correctly mapped when updating Team Code via CSV:
If you are creating users for the first time, you may want to send login e-mails immediately following the upload. If so, check the Send login emails box. If you are just updating the Team Code for existing users, you may wish to check the Skip first login box so that existing users are not prompted to set a new password. Click Import.
- New users in the import will be added to the system and assigned to the Team you selected via team code. Users in the import who already exist in the LMS will simply be assigned to the Team you’ve selected (if the username in the CSV matches the username in the LMS).
- The bulk import process usually takes a few minutes, and after about 15 minutes all users from the CSV should show in the system in the team you assigned them to.
- Adding Administrative Users in LMS
- Assign Users to Teams with the Team Menu
- Send Login E-mails to a Team