Importing Risks into Your Risk Register
In your KCM GRC Risk Management module, you can assess, manage, and monitor risks by adding them to your Risk Register. You can add risks individually, or if your organization has already identified a list of risks, you can use a CSV file to import multiple risks at once. For general information about using the Risk Register, see our How to Use Your Risk Register article.
See the sections below to learn how to format your CSV file and import risks to your Risk Register.
How to Format Your CSV File
Before you import risks into your Risk Register, you'll need to create a CSV file that contains information about each risk. The CSV file can contain up to 500 rows of data.
When you create your CSV file, follow the formatting guidelines below:
- The CSV file must contain the header line below.
- The CSV file can contain the optional headers below. Include an optional header if you want to import one or more of the related fields into your Risk Register.
- The fields below each header should follow the guidelines below.
Header Instructions Requirements Character Limit
Enter any descriptive title for the risk. The name field is required. 1-255 characters
Enter any details about the risk, such as the threat that the risk poses for your organization.
The description field is required. 1-2,500 characters affected_asset
Enter a physical asset in your environment that the risk can affect if it occurs.
The affected_asset field is optional. If you leave this field blank, the risk will import to your Risk Register without an affected asset.
0-255 characters risk_owner
Enter the name of the person who is responsible for managing the risk.
The risk_owner field is optional. If you leave this field blank, the risk will import your Risk Register without an owner.
0-255 charactersNote: When you import a CSV file into your platform, KCM GRC automatically removes duplicate entries. For example, if you enter two risks with the same fields, only one of the risks will import.
Default Categories and Subcategories
In your Risk Register, there are default categories and subcategories. In the tabs below, select a category to view a list of subcategories that are in that category:
- Technological & Obsolescence
- Product Recall
- Negative Publicity
- Hurricanes & Tornadoes
- High Winds
- Plate Tectonics
- Building Strength
- Radioactive Decay
- Ground Water
- Sea Level
- Coastal Erosion
- Systems & Equipment
- Legal & Compliance
- External Events
- Business Processes
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Corrupt Practice
- Social Responsibility
How to Import Risks
After you save your CSV file, follow the steps below to import the risks into your platform.
- Navigate to Risk Management > Risk Register from the navigation panel.
- Click the Import Risks button in the top-right corner.
- Click the Click to Upload button in the top-left corner of the Import CSV Risks window.
- Select the CSV file that contains your risk information.
Note: After this step, you can scroll through the list of risks to delete them or to verify that the information is correct.
- Click the Save Imported Risks button.