Working with the Global Dashboard
The Global Dashboard helps admins view their organization's overall progress for scopes within KCM GRC. From this page, you can monitor tasks to track the progress of your organization’s scoped requirements. You can view the Global Dashboard by clicking Global Dashboard on the navigation panel.
The following sections describe each section of the Global Dashboard.
Filter by Scope
The Filter by Scope option allows you to select which scopes to display on your dashboard. You can select one or more scopes to monitor, and the dashboard will show information about the progress of those scopes. If you do not use the filter, the Global Dashboard will show information about all of your scopes.
The Scope Health graph represents the percentage of your organization’s tasks that are complete. This graph can help you monitor your organization's overall progress on all tasks within a scope.
The Task Monitor tracks your organization's open tasks and groups those tasks by category. To view all tasks in a category, click the number next to the category.
The Task Monitor groups tasks into categories based on the date they are due. The task categories are outlined below.
- Active: The task is active and is either due today or the due date is in the future.
- Due Today: The task is due today.
- Past Due: The task is incomplete, and the due date has passed.
The Gap Coverage section monitors scoped requirements with two progress bars called Requirements with Controls and Requirements Breakdown.
Requirements with Controls
The Requirements with Controls progress bar shows the percentage of scoped requirements that are mapped to controls. To demonstrate how your organization is meeting its compliance requirements, you should map all of your requirements to controls. This progress bar allows you to track the number of scoped requirements that are currently mapped to controls.
The Requirements Breakdown progress bar shows the percentages of requirements in each status. These statuses are determined when you complete the Scope Self-Assessment for one or more scopes. This graph will update automatically when you update the statuses for your assessments. For more information about the Scope Self-Assessment, please see Completing a Scope Self-Assessment.
The Task Calendar organizes your tasks by due date and color codes them by status. You can use the statuses to monitor your organization's progress on specific tasks. To view a task's details from the Task Calendar, click on the task.
The Task Calendar color codes tasks to represent their status, which is defined by the legend below.
- Active: The task is active and the due date is approaching.
- Awaiting Approval: Your organization submitted evidence for the task, marked it as complete, and now the task is currently awaiting approval from an approving manager.
- Satisfied: The task is complete and the approving manager approved it, when applicable. The task is closed.
- Past Due: The task is incomplete, and your organization did not complete it before the due date. You can still complete a Past Due task, but the task's status will change to Failed after the past due time frame.
Note: A task typically remains in Past Due status for seven days after the task's due date before it changes to Failed status. However, you can change the past due time frame by updating the Task Fail Interval setting in your Account Settings.
- Failed: The task is incomplete, and your organization did not complete it during the past due time frame. You can still complete a Failed task, but the task's status will change to Closed Late.
Note: If you complete a Failed task, the task's status changes to Closed Late, and the task appears in a lighter green color on the calendar (instead of the green color used for a Satisfied task).