Customizing and Creating Vishing Templates
Our Vishing feature has a variety of built-in vishing templates available for you to use or customize. You can also create your own custom vishing templates by using our text-to-speech feature or by importing mp3 files.
This article explains our vishing templates - if you'd like to learn more about how to set up Vishing campaigns, review Creating and Managing Vishing Campaigns article.
Customizing a System Vishing Template
You can customize any of our built-in system vishing templates. However, all of our built-in templates use Play steps (which use pre-recorded mp3 files), so we recommend creating your own templates instead by using the Say steps (which use a text-to-speech feature).
To modify a built-in template:
- Click on the System Templates tab.
- Click on the checkbox to the left of the template you'd like to modify.
- Add a copy of the template into your own category.
- Navigate to your template categories by clicking on the My Templates tab.
Note:After creating or customizing a template for the first time, a Drafts category will be added within your My Templates area. You can create additional categories in your My Templates area. To learn how to create your own category, see our Creating a Vishing Category section below.
- Click on the name of the template to navigate to the Vishing Template Edit screen.
- Edit the template as desired. You can edit most of the fields in the template with the exception of the Say field, which has a pre-loaded .mp3 file in it.
- Save your changes.
Creating a Vishing Category
You will need to create at least one category in order to use your own templates in a vishing campaign.
By default, any new templates you create will be added to a Drafts category automatically. However, to use the vishing template in a campaign, the template will need to be moved out of the Drafts category.
To create a new category, follow the steps below:
- From the VISHING tab, click Templates.
- Click the +Add New Category button.
- Enter a name for your category.
- Click Save.
Creating a Vishing Template
To create your own vishing template, follow the steps below:
- From the VISHING tab, click Templates.
- Click the +Create Vishing Template button.
- Enter a name in the Template Name field.
- In the Category field, use the drop-down menu to select the category you’d like to save this template in. This template will be saved to the Drafts folder by default.
- Select the language of the template in the Language drop-down field. The selected language is what will be used to interpret the text you include in any Say steps included in this template.
If an available language does not support text-to-speech, this will be noted next to the language.
- Click the +Add a New Step button to begin creating the template. First, you will need to select which type of step you like to create. The options are defined below:
- Say - This option uses a text-to-speech feature. Text-to-speech interprets the text you include to create an audible vishing script that will play during the vishing attempt. If this step will be your “failure” step, be sure to include the number of digits you are prompting your user to enter into their phone. For more information on creating a failure step, please see our Creating Your "Failure" Step section.
- Play - This option will play an imported mp3 file as part of your vishing call. The mp3 files that you import must be less than 1MB. Enter an audio description if desired. If this step will be your “failure” step, be sure to include the number of digits you are prompting your user to enter into their phone. For more information on creating a failure step, please see our Creating Your "Failure" Step section.
- Pause - This option will pause the call for the designated number of seconds.
- After you have defined all the fields for that step, click Add. Continue to add steps until you have all the steps you want for the call.
- When you are finished creating your steps, click Save.
- Be sure to move the template from the Drafts category into another category to make the template available for use in a vishing campaign.
Creating Your “Failure” Step
The key to creating a successful vishing template is to decide what your “point of failure” will be. What piece of personal information will you request from the user in order to get them to fail?
Templates must have a designated “failure” step that requires the recipient of the call to enter a certain number of digits. The “failure” step is indicated by the Failure Step toggle. Ensure you enable the Failure Step toggle on the step where you're prompting the user to enter personal information.
Previewing and Testing Templates
From the My Templates or System Templates tabs, you can preview or test vishing templates by clicking the eyeball icon to the right of the template.
The preview window will detail all steps in the selected vishing template, including the “failure” step and the number of digits the user must enter to fail the vishing test.
The bottom of the preview will include a text box where you can enter your phone number to test out the vishing template. Follow our phone number formatting requirements to ensure the call will be successful.