Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some commonly-asked questions about KnowBe4's Second Chance. If you don't see the answer you need, submit a ticket to our support team.
- What file types work with Second Chance?
- What URL rewriters and shorteners are Second Chance compatible with?
- Does Second Chance work with Outlook Web Access?
- Can I have a list of KnowBe4's No Prompt Domains?
- My users are clicking Continue but their browser window isn't appearing.
- After installing Second Chance, I'm getting an error when I open Excel.
- How is my data encrypted?
1) Question: What file types work with Second Chance?
Answer: Second Chance will prompt the user when they open, previews, or downloads any Office file (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or a PDF attachment with a link from a supported mail client. PDF attachments must be opened in Adobe Reader DC, Sumatra, or Foxit Reader.
2) Question: What URL rewrites and shorteners are Second Chance compatible with?
Answer: The following table includes all of Second Chance's compatible URL rewrites and shorteners:
|Supported URL Shorteners|
|Supported URL Rewriters|
3) Question: Does Second Chance work with Outlook Web Access?
Answer: No. Outlook Web Access is not supported.
4) Question: Can I have a list of KnowBe4's No Prompt Domains?
5) Question: My users are clicking Continue but their browser window isn't appearing.
Answer: The browser window will not appear as a pop up on the screen after clicking, so it has most likely been opened. Depending on the default browser, there may be a flashing browser icon in the taskbar indicating a new link has been opened. Instruct your user to double-check their browser after clicking the Second Chance prompt to continue to the website, as it should have been opened.
6) Question: After installing Second Chance, I'm getting an error when I open Excel.
Answer: The error message The program can't start because MSVCR90.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem is due to a known compatibility issue with Windows 10, Excel 2010, and Sophos/Hitman Pro.
7) Question: How is my data encrypted?