Second Chance Updates
Below are the release notes for Second Chance. The most recent version is at the top.
Second Chance updates itself automatically over time. If you're experiencing issues and do not want to wait for your version to update automatically, you can install the latest version manually by downloading the Second Chance Training Device Installer (.exe file) in the console (see the Second Chance Installation Guide).
- For some Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 machines that have Internet Explorer as the default browser, the dialog box does not show up when clicking on a URL from an Office file opened in Office desktop applications.
- The product now relies on an Internet Explorer plugin which is loaded automatically by IE when it starts.
- The new installer of Second Chance will uninstall any previous versions that might be installed on the machine.
- Added a new Search button on the URLs, Users, and Devices pages.
- Added versioning information that displays when you click on the Second Chance Chrome extension.
- Fixed the following bugs:
- Multiple instances of Second Chance were installed if the email client or web browser was open during installation.
- Issues with Second Chance not working with Windows 32-Bit.
- In Chrome, Second Chance wouldn't prompt users when they clicked on a link through Gmail if "google.com" had been whitelisted.
Fixes two minor bugs.
Fixes several bugs:
- A .dll-related error upon starting Excel
- Second Chance prompts not appearing
- The My Documents folder opens instead when attempting to open a downloaded attachment
||This version addresses several bugs, including Excel crashing.
To keep up to date and be notified of new releases, use Visualping to monitor this webpage for changes (KnowBe4 is not affiliated with or responsible for the Visualping website and services).