Using Risk Boosters
Risk Booster is a manual tool that works with KnowBe4's Virtual Risk Officer (VRO). Admins of your account can use this tool to manually increase or decrease the Risk Score of users and groups. Any users in a group will have their personal risk booster affected by any changes made to the group risk booster.
Users with a standard or higher Risk Score have their personal risk booster affected by their highest risk booster. The highest risk booster can be either their group or personal risk booster.
How Can Risk Boosters Support My Organization?
Risk boosters can support your organization's security goals on both a user level and a group level. You can use the knowledge of your organization to set risk levels for users and groups. Doing so will help the VRO determine a better overall Risk Score.
A high risk booster for users can represent the following information:
- A user is more likely to be the target of phishing attacks due to their position or title.
- A user has access to confidential information that would be the target of a phishing attack.
- A user does not take their training and fails most phishing attack tests.
A high risk booster for groups can represent the following information:
- Users in this group are often targets of phishing attacks.
- Users in this group have more access to sensitive or confidential information than others.
- Users in this group would cause a greater impact if they were targets of successful phishing attacks.
Risk Booster Levels
The Risk Booster tool has four options that increase or decrease the Risk Score of the user or group:
Risk Booster Level
How It Affects the Risk Score
Reduces the overall risk of the user or group.
Does not change the risk of the user or group.
Slightly increases the risk of the user or group.
Strongly increases the risk of the user or group.
How to Modify a User’s Risk Booster
To edit a user's risk booster, log in to your KMSAT console and follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Users.
- Select the user you want to adjust.
- Click the User Information tab.
- Find the Risk Booster section and select the user’s Risk Level on the slider.
- Click Update User to save your changes.
How to Modify a Group’s Risk Booster
To edit a group's risk booster, log in to your KMSAT console and follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Users > Groups.
- Find the group you want to adjust and click the drop-down arrow under Actions.
- Click Edit.
- Find Set Risk Booster and select the Risk Level on the slider.
- Click Update Group to save your changes.