How to Enable PAB's Debug Mode
- Open Windows 10 and close Outlook.
- Type regedit in the Windows Search bar.
- Once Regedit is launched, type the following text in the Regedit Search bar: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KnowBe4\PhishAlert
- If you don't see debugmode, right-click on the right side on the regedit pane and then click New > String Value.
- Name the new string debugmode.
- Double click on debugmode and set the value to true.
- Click OK.
- Open an instance of Windows Explorer and open the %appdata%\KnowBe4\PhishAlert directory.
- Delete any files named ReportPhish_x.log.
- Open Outlook and reproduce any error or event, you want to report.
- Once the error is reproduced, close Outlook and set debugmode to false.
- Make sure to grab a copy of any ReportPhish_x.log files that were generated with debugmode enabled before opening Outlook.
Below are some examples of how the logs will look with and without debugmode enabled:
If Debugmode is set to false:
If Debugmode is set to true: