Enabling the PAB's Debug Mode
Follow the steps below to enable debug mode for the PAB:
- Open Windows 10 and close Outlook.
- Enter "regedit" in the Windows search bar.
- Once the Registry Editor is launched, enter the following text in the search bar: "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KnowBe4\PhishAlert".
- If you don't see the debugmode option, right-click on the right side of the regedit pane and then click New > String Value.
- Name the new string "debugmode".
- Double-click on debugmode and enter "true" for the Value data.
- Click OK.
- Open an instance of Windows Explorer and open the %appdata%\KnowBe4\PhishAlert directory.
- Delete any files named ReportPhish_x.log.
- Open Outlook and reproduce any error or event, you want to report.
- Once the error is reproduced, close Outlook and set debugmode to false.
- Make sure to grab a copy of any ReportPhish_x.log files that were generated with debug mode enabled before opening Outlook.
Below are some examples of how the logs will look with and without debug mode enabled:
If debug mode is set to false:
If debug mode is set to true: