I Have Duplicate Users in My System. How Should I Handle This?
You can merge duplicate users by going to the Users > Merge Users tab. You'll choose one user profile to keep and one user profile to remove.
The Merge Users tool allows you to retain important phishing and training related data from the removed user profile and apply it to the profile you choose to keep. See the How Does the Merge Users Tool Decide what Data to Retain? section below for more information.
Merging users is a permanent change to your console. The removed user profile cannot be recovered after the merge.
To merge users, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Users tab of your KnowBe4 console. Then click on the Merge Users subtab.
- In the blue Target User field, select the user profile you would like to keep in the console.
- If you're a Platinum or Diamond customer and you have Security Roles in place, the merged user will assume the rights of the target user after the merge is complete.
- In the red Merge User field, select the user profile you would like to remove from the console.
- Once both users are selected, you will see all of the data that will be retained and from which user it is being saved from. Click here for an example.
- After reviewing the data, click the Merge Users button at the bottom of the screen to merge the data.
How Does the Merge Users Tool Decide what Data to Retain?
If both user profiles participated in the same phishing campaign, the user data with phishing failures will be retained. If only one user profile participated in the Phishing campaign, that data will be retained regardless of which user profile had the failure.
If both user profiles participated in the same training campaign, the user data with the most progress will be retained. If only one user profile participated in the training campaign, that data will be retained regardless of which user profile took the training.
Admin privileges and Security Role permissions are only retained if they originally belonged to the Target User.