How to Set up and Use Your MSP/Reseller Console
The below article will explain the various features of your MSP/Reseller console. If you would like to watch a quick walkthrough of how to use your console, check out our MSP/Reseller Console Walkthrough.
Logging into Your MSP/Reseller Account
You will be able to login to your reseller account to manage all of your clients' KnowBe4 accounts at https://training.knowbe4.com/reseller/.
Note: If you'd like, you can change the logo displayed on the top left to your own logo. This will affect all of your clients' accounts as well. To do this, click on your email address on the top right of the screen, and then click on Profile. On the page that follows, you will see an option to add a Company Logo. The image you select to import must be in .png format and less than 300KB.
Two-Factor or Multi-Factor Authentication
Our console allows you to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) or multi-factor authentication (MFA) on your account. More information about enabling Two-Factor or Multi-Factor Authentication can be found by CLICKING HERE.
The first page you will see after logging in is your Dashboard. This will provide a quick overview of your subscription level and subscription end date, how many client accounts you've added, the number of active accounts in your console, number of purchased seats, and number of active seats overall based on account status (Paid/Trial/Free).
Creating a New Account
To add a new client account to your reseller console, simply click on the "+New Account" button on your Accounts page. On the page that follows, you'll find the following options:
- Company Information
Company information will help you identify each new client. Here you can enter information such as the number of seats the company will utilize, whether they are a trial account or fully paid, and when their subscription should end.
- Account Admin - IMPORTANT
The Account Admin you set here will be the initial administrator on the account and the email you use must be an email address at your client's domain. If you do not have access to an email account at your client's domain, you can enter a "dummy" email address (e.g. [email protected]). That address does not have to be a functioning email account.
If the email address you enter for the Account Admin is not a functioning email account, please be sure to set a password here, since you won't be able to confirm the account via email.
- Single Sign On
Enable training to add the security awareness training modules and set up training campaigns for users of this account. At least one course should be selected. Recommended: Most recent version of "Kevin Mitnick Security Awareness Training".
Enable Phishing to run phishing campaigns on users of this account. If you'd like to, you can also change the default landing page for your new account to any other of the built-in landing pages, or a custom page of your choice. You can learn about the other selections in this area by checking out the related links below.
- Customizing Landing Pages
- Disable Open Tracking
- Disable Return-Path Header
- EZXploit Product Manual
- Vulnerable Plugin Scanning Product Manual
Vishing is similar to email phishing tests, but the user will be tested via a phone call with an automated message instead. Vishing is currently available only for organizations based in the United States.
- USB Drive Test
You can choose to allow USB Drive Testing for an account by enabling this option. More information about USB Drive Tests can be found by CLICKING HERE.
- Active Directory Integration
You can choose to enable Active Directory Integration for an account by clicking on this option. More information about Active Directory Integration with KnowBe4 can be found by CLICKING HERE.
- Phish Alert
If you'd like to enable the Phish Alert button for a new account, you can do so here. More details on the Phish Alert button and how to install it can be found by CLICKING HERE.
Managing Existing Accounts
Clicking on the Accounts tab will take you to a listing of all of your client accounts. From here, you can create new accounts, archive accounts, and access your client accounts.
Once you access a client account, you can add courses, edit the account's info, turn on MFA for your client, or login to the account by clicking "View as Owner".
- Turn on MFA - You can enable our 2FA or MFA feature on your client's account. More information on how to do this can be found by CLICKING HERE.
- Edit Account Info - Here you can alter your client's account settings you initially set up for your client, such as what services and courses they have access to and what their account information is.
- Allowed Domains - If your client has multiple domains associated with their organization, you can add those additional domains to their account by clicking on Allowed Domains.
- Adding allowed domains will allow you or your client to import users with email addresses at those domains to the console for phishing and training purposes.
- When entering additional domains on the screen that follows, use format of domain.com.
- Important Note: An allowed domain indicates the client OWNS the additional domain. If they do not own the additional domain, you cannot add it into their or your partner account as an allowed domain.
- Public email domains (such as Gmail.com or Yahoo.com) should also never be added to your customer account.
- Do not add your OTHER customer domains to this list. Each of your clients should have separate KnowBe4 accounts.
- Show Users - Here you can permanently delete users from your client's console, as well as change the primary domain of the users in your client's console. For instance, if your client has the domain "DomainA.com" and they then change their primary domain to "DomainB.com" you can change their users' email addresses by selecting the affected users from the Show Users screen and clicking the "Change Email Domain for Selected" button.
Managed Email Templates
You can create phishing templates from within your MSP/Reseller portal which will appear under each of your clients' accounts beneath a new tab called "Managed Email Templates".
You can choose to create phishing templates from scratch, or edit one of our built-in System Templates. Templates that you create, edit, and save under your MSP/Reseller portal will appear under the Email Templates-->Managed Phishing Templates area of your portal.
Beneath your clients' accounts, the managed email templates you create will be located beneath Phishing-->Email Templates-->Managed Templates:
Managed Landing Pages
Beneath the Managed Landing Pages tab, you can create Landing Pages from within your MSP/Reseller portal which will appear in each of your clients' accounts.
You can choose to create landing pages from scratch, or you can use one of our System Landing Pages from within an individual KnowBe4 account as a starting point. Landing pages that you create, edit, and save under your MSP/Reseller portal will appear under the Landing Pages-->Managed Landing Pages area of your portal. We recommend that you place your Managed Landing Pages into a category from within your MSP/Reseller portal so they will be instantly accessible for use from within your client's portals. If you do not categorize them in your MSP/Reseller portal, they will still be accessible but will need to be placed within a Landing Page category in your before they can be used.
Beneath your clients' accounts, the managed landing pages you create will be located beneath Phishing-->Landing Pages-->Managed Landing Pages.
As an MSP or reseller, you have the ability to export phishing templates and landing pages you've created so that you can import them to other customer accounts.
We have a guide which explains how to do this. Check it out using the link below:
From the "Admins" tab of your reseller portal, you can grant administrator rights to additional users at your organization to assist you with managing your client accounts. Note: The main admin on the reseller account is the only person who can grant additional administrator rights to other users.