Using the PAB Test Email
After you’ve installed the Phish Alert Button (PAB), you can send your users a test email so they can test their PAB.
Using this template can help you verify that your PAB is working correctly and that your users know how to use it.
To send a test email for the PAB, you’ll need to first create a phishing campaign by following the steps below:
- Log in to your KnowBe4 console and click the Phishing tab.
- Then, click the + Create Phishing Campaign button at the top-right corner of the page.
- On the New Phishing Campaign page that displays, match the below-recommended fields and settings.
- Campaign Name: Enter a name for your campaign, such as “PAB Test”. This is a required field.
- Send to: Select either All Users or Specific Groups. If you choose Specific Groups, you must select a group from the drop-down menu. This is a required field.
- Frequency: Select how often you would like to send PAB tests for this campaign. If you select One-time, this campaign will send one test to each user and then finish. We recommend selecting either Bi-weekly or Monthly.
- Start Time: Set the date, time, and time zone you would like your PAB tests to start. Your default time zone is the one set in your account settings.
- Sending Period: Select Send emails over, 1, and weeks. For more information about sending and tracking periods, see our How to Monitor and Review Phishing Campaigns article.
- Define Business Days and Hours: By default, your campaign will only send PAB tests during the business hours set in your account settings. You can change the hours your emails are sent by entering a start and end time in the corresponding fields. You can also choose what days you would like emails to be sent by selecting the date check boxes.
- Track Activity: Select 3 and days. For more information about sending and tracking periods, see our How to Monitor and Review Phishing Campaigns article.
- Template Topics: Select Phish Alert Button Test.
- Template Selection: Select Specific Template (Choose one template).
- Specific Template: Select Phish Alert Button Test (PAB) (Not PST) (Spoofs Domain).
- Hide from Reports: Select this check box to hide this test campaign.
- After you’ve finished entering in your settings, click Create Campaign.