How do I add users who don’t have an email address?
In some situations you may need to have users log in to take training that do not have an email address that matches your organization’s domain, or one of the domains listed in your account. For example, temporary interns, off-site workers, or contractors. Since you cannot add users in with a non-domain email (such as yahoo, gmail, hotmail or other generic services) you will need to add them in a different way.
In this case, you can use one of our import methods to add users into the system and provide a pre-determined password for the user to log in with. Just follow these steps:
- In the users area, click on “Import users”.
- Choose an import method: Quick or CSV. (Either way works).
- In the import, you can use email addresses that do not actually exist in your mail server. This will be the username for the person to log in with.
- IMPORTANT: you must specify a pre-determined password when importing the account. This will bypass the email confirmation step and allow the user to essentially log in with the email address and password combination you imported.
- You should also specify a group when importing these users. This should be a new group such as “Non-Phishable Users” or “Training Only Accounts” Something to specify they do not exist in your email system.
- Once the user has logged in, they can click on their username in the upper right hand corner, and edit their profile and alter the password to a new one.
Notes on adding non-existent emails to your console:
If you import one or more emails into your account that do not exist in your mail server, then once you conduct a phishing test, you will get multiple bounces and your phish percentage will be off based on how many users you have.
The workaround for this is to use groups.
Simply create a group that contains all your REAL email users, for example “Phishable users” or “Real Emails”. Now when you conduct a phish test, you will have to use this group instead of the default “all users”.