How to Stop the "Via psm.knowbe4" from Showing During a Phishing Test
Sometimes phishing emails will show "Via psm.knowbe4" in the sender information. The reason this displays is because we set the return-path address to the @psm.knowbe4.com domain (e.g. email@example.com). This helps us to pass SPF checks, since most mail filters look at the return-path email address for SPF.
You may be able to resolve the issue by overwriting the fixed return-path address in your KnowBe4 account settings. To do this:
- From your KnowBe4 console, click your email address in the top right corner and select Account Settings.
- Navigate to the Phishing Settings section.
- Under Phishing Email Headers, click the Overwrite Fixed Return-path Address with Sender Address checkbox.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes to save your changes.
- Set up a test campaign for yourself or a small group of people to ensure the issue has been resolved.
If the "Via psm.knowbe4" text still displays in phishing emails, submit a ticket to our support team for further assistance.
Disabling the return-path header does increase the possibility that our phishing emails will be flagged as "junk mail". To help prevent this, be sure to follow our whitelisting procedures outlined here: Whitelist Data And Anti-Spam Filtering Information.