How to Stop the "Via psm.knowbe4" from Showing During a Phishing Test
Sometimes phishing emails will show "Via psm.knowbe4" in the sender information. The reason this displays is because we set the return-path address to the @psm.knowbe4.com domain (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). This helps us to pass SPF checks, since most mail filters look at the return-path email address for SPF.
You may be able to resolve the issue by overwriting the fixed return-path address in your KnowBe4 Account settings. To do this:
- Log in to your KnowBe4 console.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click your email address. Then, click Account Settings.
- On the page that opens, scroll to the Phishing header.
- Click the Overwrite Fixed Return-path Address with Sender Address checkbox.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update Account Info to save your changes.
- Set up a test campaign for yourself or a small group of people to ensure the issue has been resolved.
If the "Via psm.knowbe4" text still displays in phishing emails, submit a ticket to our support team for further assistance.
Disabling the return-path header does increase the possibility that our phishing emails will be flagged as "junk mail". To help prevent this, be sure to follow our whitelisting procedures outlined here: Whitelist Data And Anti-Spam Filtering Information.